Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NCRANGER

ROMEO LANGFORD ACCOMPLISHMENTS

5 posts in this topic

* Led New Albany to a Sectional Championship & a 23-3 record in his 1st Varsity season .

* Led New Albany in scoring Freshman season ( 457 points , 17.6 ppg )

* Went over the 1,000 point mark in his career just 19 games into his Sophomore season (45 games) @ E'ville Central .

* Led New Albany to the overall #1 ranking in Indiana going into this year's State Tournament (in both coaches & AP Poll ) , the 19th ranked National team according to USA Today , & the 5th ranked team in the Midwest !

* Led New Albany to their only State championship since 1973 with a 62-59 victory over McCutcheon in the 4A title game . New Albany ended 2015-2016 with a 27-1 record & heads into next season with a 24 game winning streak .

* In an 11 game stretch from 1/15 to 2/20 , Romeo avg. 32.8 ppg . New Albany avg. 88.4 ppg & gave up 43.8 ppg during stretch .

* On 1/16 , Romeo broke the school record with 44 points in 3 quarters with a 113-39 victory over Scottsburg . And just 4 games later , tied his own school record with 44 points in a win @ Jennings County 102-34 in 3 quarters .

* On March 19th , Romeo broke his own school record with 46 points ( had 43 going into 4th) , against Southport in Richmond Semi State . A game in which I attended & was the best performance I've ever saw at that level ! The 46 points is tied for the 23rd best performance in a single tournament game in IHSAA history !

* Romeo scored 645 points in 22 regular season games (29.3ppg) , scored 201 points in 6 tournament games (33.5ppg) for a total of 846 points in season . The 846 points also ranks 23rd best in IHSAA history passing Tyler Zeller's 828 points for Washington in 2007-2008 , Jim Ligon's 839 points for Kokomo in 1961-1962 , & Kevin Ault's 844 points for Warsaw in 1995-1996 .

* Romeo's 30.2 ppg average ranks 21st all time in IHSAA history in a single season passing Jimmy Rayl of Kokomo & Scott Skiles of Plymouth who both avg. 29.3 ppg . He also passes Jim Ligon of Kokomo & his 29.9 ppg & Kevin Ault of Warsaw , who torched the nets for 30.1 ppg .

* Earlier in the year , Romeo led New Albany to an 8 point victory over highly touted Lexington Dunbar in the Indiana/Kentucky Challenge Cup in Frankfort . New Albany was the only team from Indiana to win in Frankfort and was the only team from the South to win a State Championship this season in boys basketball .

* Romeo was 1 of only 2 Sophomores that was named to Hoosier Basketball Magazine's Pre-Season 1st team all State this year . The other was Lawrence North's , Kevin Easley .

* In his 2 seasons @ New Albany , Romeo has scored 30 or more points in a game 13 times & over 40 points 3 different times .

* Romeo has 1,303 points in 54 games & has led New Albany to a 50-4 record in 2 seasons . He moved into 2nd place on the scoring list @ NA passing 19 Bulldog players . Chad Hunter , a 1997 graduate , currently is New Albany's all-time leading scorer with 1,463 points .

* Just this week , Romeo was named to the Underclass Supreme 15 All-State Team

* After New Albany won the 4A State Title game , on Monday the Bulldogs were selected as 1 of the 4 teams to participate in the 2016 City Securities Hall Of Fame Classic ! Romeo Will lead New Albany to their 3rd appearance in this prestigious tourney on Friday , Dec. 30th against Warsaw in game 2 . Logansport will face Lawrence North in game 1 .

*Romeo Langford currently has D1 offers from : IU , Purdue , Butler , IUPUI , Vanderbilt , UCLA , & Louisville . There are many others that are showing tons of interest !

I was fortunate enough to get to see Romeo Langford play 10 times in the past 2 seasons . I am very familiar with New Albany basketball & have seen the Bulldogs play a ton of times since the early 90's . I've seen numerous great players go through New Albany's system & some great New Albany teams . Romeo Langford is @ another level ! He gets better & better each time I see him play . He not only is the best player to come through New Albany but ranks right at the top as far as one of the best players I've ever seen ! The sky is the limit for this young Superstar ! Barring injuries , if he stays @ New Albany (always rumors about going to prep school) , depending how deep of a run NA makes the next couple of seasons , Romeo has an outside chance to be 1 of only 4 players to reach 3,000 points in IHSAA history ! In my opinion , he will no doubt be an Indiana all-star & Mr. Basketball ! Wouldn't totally shock me , depending where he chooses to go to college , that he is a 1 & done ! He is that good !

As I am typing this , it's just hard to believe he has done all of this while only being a Sophomore ! Unbelievable !

Edited by NCRANGER

• [[Template core/front/sharelinks/pinterest does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I've only seen him play twice... What would a guy in Romeo's position have to gain by going to a prep school? Every school in the country is going to offer him.. It isn't like his offer list is going to increase by going the prep school route. AAU provides him with every opportunity to pick / choose the competition.

The only advantage I see is his level of competition would increase December thru early March. But again, I'm not sure how much a player of his level needs this, given the exposure and opportunities AAU provides.

Would like to see him stick it out and go down as one of the greatest of all time.

• [[Template core/front/sharelinks/pinterest does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Totally agree with you basketball Jones ! I would love to see him stay @ New Albany ! He definitely will go down as one of the greatest of all time !

Beast!!

Add another accomplishment to the already impressive list for Romeo Langford . On Wednesday night , Romeo was named the MVP for the east team in a 114-101 victory in the underclassmen all-American game . After the honor , Romeo found out that on Thursday night that Duke assistants , Jon Scheyer & Nolan Smith were coming to NA's open gym to see him in action .

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0