Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dave Mosbey

Jeff Hein

11 posts in this topic

Vincennes has had some great coaches Gunner Wynam, Gene Miller, Jeff Hein so I'm sure they will bring another good one in to continue the tradition, And If Hein is still AD he could be conducting the interviews,

I hope they make a really good hire. Any rumors out there on who they might be looking to interview?

One of the best jobs in the state so sure the Alice's will strike gold again.

Saw in the Courier he's staying on as AD and wants to watch his daughters participate in athletics. .

First of all, hate to see Coach Hein go. What a run he had at Vincennes. He certainly elevated the program even further. Names that have been tossed around close to the program include: Chad Tolliver (Longtime assistant under Combs and Hein), Brandt Schuckman (Assistant @ Washington, played for LHS, has nephew on the team), Wood Memorial coach, Joey Hart (Vincennes ties from VU days---highly doubtful), Brett Dalrymple was runner up when Hein got the job, the Superintendent at Vincennes was principal at Bloomfield and knows their coach really well. All of these speculation of course. We will see. Whoever it is will have big shoes to fill. Go Alices

I am suprised there hasn't been more info out there on possible hires.

I'm not so sure this is an attractive job; it sure isn't one of the best jobs in the state. Expectations are high, and you have to compete with perennial powers Washington and Jasper annually... not to mention Pike and HH who have had upstart years lately.

I don't think Lincoln would be lucky enough to lure Joey Hart away from Linton; he has a great thing going there... Not familiar w/ Tolliver or Schuckman; Thompson - sub .500 career w/ 2 sectional titles in a very weak class A sectional, Bloomfield has struggled, until this year, with very talented teams... Dalrymple might be a good get.

Pretty amazing how quiet the Vincennes administration has kept the coaching search. From my understanding, they are down to 2 or 3 candidates, which the school board interviewed on Thursday evening, and a decision will be made on Monday. 2 of the most consistent names that most are saying include Andy Igel, formerly of Eastern Greene and Josh Thompson of Wood Memorial.

Edited by GreenMachine

Without saying much more, I can attest that the above post by GreenMachine is quite accurate, barring drastic changes.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0