Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ACE08

South Knox upset special!

8 posts in this topic

I guess BR found out at the 2A Sectional on Friday night, that the jump to the next level is not going to be easy, even locally, as SK pulled a huge upset.....

Edited by ACE08

• [[Template core/front/sharelinks/pinterest does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This was not typical play for sure. Not sure what happened but I called it during warmup. Sad but it is what it is. Many before BR have suffered the same. Heartbreaking to watch, no matter who it is.

• [[Template core/front/sharelinks/pinterest does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Barr Reeve was #1 in the State. They didnt get that ranking cause Southern IN pollsters voted. BR is a GREAT team things happen. Wasnt their night. Much rather seen Linton vs BR in the final who knows. Bottom line Linton is going to the Regionals!

Edited by Globemstr3

Yes they are and are to be congratulated. Good luck!

Actually, they 'made the jump' a couple of years ago. Their scheule for the past few years consists of 11 - 1A schools and 12-2,3 and 4A schools. This team is a not the same team that won state finals last year. So actually, what they learned is that they could compete in 2A and be ranked #1 even in a rebuilding season.

Kudos to SK.

What we learned is that South Knox defends. At least they did on Friday / Saturday. Barr-Reeve was completely stimied in the 2nd half Friday night. I remember a BR 3 on the left wing in the early 4Th... and a breakaway layup off of a steal mid 4th. Other than that, I don't recall a single field goal made by BR in the 3Q and 4Q combined. ...surely there were a few that I'm not remembering, but seems most their points came from James barrelling his way through the lane and getting some calls.

SK wasn't done... they played excellent defense on the Miners too. The Miners just happened to return the favor, and hit one HUGE shot.

BR never showed up. That surely was obvious to anyone who has ever seen them play. South Knox came to play, they wanted it and they got it. They are to be commended for their efforts and success in accomplishing what they came to do. I actually wanted to see them win the whole thing. They are to be commended for their efforts and success in accomplishing what they came to do. I actually wanted to see them win the whole thing but that too did not happen. That is why we love the game. We never know.

BR never showed up. That surely was obvious to anyone who has ever seen them play. South Knox came to play, they wanted it and they got it. They are to be commended for their efforts and success in accomplishing what they came to do. I actually wanted to see them win the whole thing. They are to be commended for their efforts and success in accomplishing what they came to do. I actually wanted to see them win the whole thing but that too did not happen. That is why we love the game. We never know.

I haven't responded or said anything for a while... after hearing Coach K speak last night, enough is enough.

Winning teams do not get near enough credit for their effort, skill, preparation and adjustments when they win close games.

- Coach Cal after IU beat them said "We missed so many shots we usually make."

- Coach K last night after the loss to Oregon echoed those of Coach Cal a few days earlier.

- Same with Barr-Reeve in their loss to South Knox.

The winning teams in these games all put in the time and effort to take away the opponents strengths. Everyone on the losing end of close games is going to say "should have, could have, would have, etc" Sure there are some major upsets, but I wouldn't call Oregon over Duke an upset. Or even Indiana over UK. South Knox was playing some incredible basketball the last couple of weeks, and save for a rough stretch when their big went down, they were no doubt a 2A top 10 team. I'm not sure how you can say BR didn't show up; they played very well in the 1st half... if you wanted to break it down, one could debate SK's Dowden played soft in the 1st half. Trevor had his way thru 2 quarters... but in the 2nd half, Dowden got with it and took 52 out of his game, and 24 wasn't able to do to SK what he did to CC in the semi-state last year. I'm not saying this is right and meme is wrong, I'm just saying there is an debate for both sides, and IMO, SK's win wasn't a product of BR failing to show up. BR failed to go to any other options outside of isolating James time and time again, and SK did a great job of minimizing BR's options, just as they did to Linton the next evening.

Look no further than Stafford. #20 was incredible on both ends. How James made Small School IBCA top 15 and Stafford made Honorable Mention... wow. James had a better career from a team perspective and that isn't close. But based on individual talent... Stafford got the raw end of the deal on that one. I'd venture a guess he is happy w/ the W in march ;)

Edited by basketballjones

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0