Sign in to follow this  
MasonHAsher

Class 2A State Tournament

This will be the 2A class tournament discussion. I have my sectional predictions below in bold. I have all the teams listed in each sectional and the host is bold on the far left. Let the discussion begin!

S33. Boone Grove: Boone Grove, Bowman Academy, Gary Roosevelt, Hammond Bishop Noll, Lake Station Edison, River Forest, Whiting.

S34. Knox: Delphi Community, Hebron, Knox, Marquette Catholic, North Judson-San Pierre, North Newton, Winamac Community.

S35. Westview: Bremen, Central Noble, Fremont, LaVille, Prairie Heights, Westview, Whitko.

S36. Bluffton: Adams Central, Bluffton, Churubusco, Eastside, Fort Wayne Canterbury, South Adams, Woodlan.

S37. Manchester: Lewis-Cass, Manchester, Northfield, Oak Hill, Rochester Community, Southwood, Wabash.

S38. Fountain Central: Carroll (Flora), Covington, Fountain Central, Rossville, Seeger, South Vermillion.

S39. Elwood Community: Alexandria Monroe, Eastbrook, Eastern (Greentown), Elwood Community, Madison-Grant, Taylor.

S40. Lapel: Frankton, Lapel, Monroe Central, Muncie Burris, Sheridan, Wapahani.

S41. Hagerstown: Cambridge City Lincoln, Centerville, Hagerstown, Northeastern, Union County, Winchester Community.

S42. Shenandoah: Eastern Hancock, Indianapolis Howe, Irvington Preparatory Academy, Knightstown, Shenandoah, Triton Central.

S43. Indianapolis Broad Ripple: Covenant Christian, Heritage Christian, Indianapolis Broad Ripple, Indianapolis Scecina,

Indianapolis Shortridge, Speedway.

S44. Southmont: Cascade, Cloverdale, Monrovia, North Putnam, South Putnam, Southmont.

S45. Southwestern (Hanover): Austin, Milan, North Decatur, South Ripley, Southwestern (Hanover), Switzerland County.

S46. Paoli: Clarksville, Crawford County, Eastern (Pekin), Henryville, Paoli, Providence.

S47. North Knox: Barr-Reeve, Eastern Greene, Linton-Stockton, Mitchell, North Knox, South Knox.

S48. Jasper: Evansville Mater Dei, Forest Park, North Posey, Perry Central, South Spencer, Tell City.

Edited by MasonHAsher

Sectional 47 will be a really good sectional. Barr-Reeve and Linton have the perfect draw to meet up in the championship game. I will be interested to see how South Knox might play BR in a rematch. Like Linton's earlier matchup... Free throws/fouls were a huge factor. That sectional has been very physical. If BR can't win the free throw/foul battle, will that narrow the gap enough for SK or Linton to beat the favorite of this thread.

Sectional 47 will be a really good sectional. Barr-Reeve and Linton have the perfect draw to meet up in the championship game. I will be interested to see how South Knox might play BR in a rematch. Like Linton's earlier matchup... Free throws/fouls were a huge factor. That sectional has been very physical. If BR can't win the free throw/foul battle, will that narrow the gap enough for SK or Linton to beat the favorite of this thread.

That is going to be a fun sectional to watch. I think Barr-Reeve will get it done but I think Linton, SK, or EG could pull the upset of this game. I would love Barr-Reeve to get through though just to see how they play against higher competition in 2A.

Edited by MasonHAsher

I have the feeling that Barr-Reeve gets upset, don't know by who or how, but I think it happens.

They very well could, that is a very, very good sectional.

BR and Linton are for sure the 2 favorites for this sectional. BR got the ideal draw to get to the championship game. S. Knox should beat N. Knox and they will give BR another tough game but BR just has too much fire power and will get by to the Championship. If the right Linton team shows up unlike the one that showed up in the regular season matchup against BR this game will be very exciting. Linton looked disinterested and didn't seem to play up to their potential in the regular season matchup. Playing away from home and being in a more physical 2A sectional then their previous 1A sectional could hurt BR. The big factor here is going to be how the refs officiate the game. If they let them play and allow Linton to push around BR and bump their shooters then the advantage will go to Linton. BR is more of a finesse team and with their lack of bench depth can not afford to get beat around. I will be cheering for BR to pull this out just hope they can rise to the occasion and show what a small school can do against bigger competition. Going to be an exciting Sectional to watch.

I would like to see Barr-Reeve come out of this sectional, even being a Cougar. Linton had just got the football kids back and I think it was their first game since losing in the state finals so I could see how the Miners would be a little disinterested in that game. Linton has came leaps and bounds from where they were early on in that game and you have to believe Coach Hart will have his kids ready for redemption. Going to be a great matchup of kids and 2 of the best coaches in Southern Indiana if and when these 2 meet in the championship.

Mustafa   

Have to go with my Vikings but this will not be easy.

I can see us getting upset in the first game that we play with this sectional field.

As for this sectional, teams in it are 80-50 for a .615% winning %

That's tough and tops in 2A for a sectional field.

Good luck to all teams.

Stroke   

Playing away from home and being in a more physical 2A sectional then their previous 1A sectional could hurt BR. The big factor here is going to be how the refs officiate the game. If they let them play and allow Linton to push around BR and bump their shooters then the advantage will go to Linton. BR is more of a finesse team and with their lack of bench depth can not afford to get beat around.

While I think Linton will ultimately win this sectional, I don't think Linton has anything physically that BR hasn't seen. BR has faced Jasper, Evansvile Harrison, Washington, Pike, Park Tudor, and Brownstown. Avoiding foul trouble will be a key for Linton, but more so to keep their best players on the court (a couple of whom are foul prone).

I have a good feeling Linton will prevail in a BR rematch. I do worry about a potential semifinal match-up against Eastern. Eastern has a decent team, but for whatever reason they've really struggled vs Linton the last few years. While I know the coaches will demand the players focus one game at a time, should EG beat Mitchell, I hope the players heed that advice and avoid the trap of looking past EG.

An interesting fact, should BR and Linton play for the sectional title, every player on both teams will enter the game with a undefeated career record in sectional play.

An interesting fact, should BR and Linton play for the sectional title, every player on both teams will enter the game with a undefeated career record in sectional play.

Wow. Speaks volumes for the 2 programs.

...wonder if this has ever happened before?

NCRANGER   

Here are my 2A picks:

Sect. 33 - Bowman Academy

Sect. 34 - Marquette Catholic

Sect. 35 - Westview

Sect. 36 - FW Canturbury

Sect. 37 - Oak Hill

Sect. 38 - Rossville

Sect. 39 - Eastern (Greenetown)

Sect. 40 - Lapel

Sect. 41 - Northeastern

Sect. 42 - Indpls Howe

Sect. 43 - Covenant Christian

Sect. 44 - Cloverdale

Sect. 45 - South Ripley

Sect. 46 - Providence

Sect. 47 - Barr-Reeve

Sect. 48 - Forest Park

North Judson Regional

The 4 teams I have advancing here are : Bowman Academy , MC Marquette , Westview , & FW Canturbury . In game 1 , I like Bowman Academy over MC Marquette & like FW Canturbury in game 2 over Westview . In the championship , I like Bowman Academy to beat FW Canturbury . I just think the teams Bowman plays during the regular season prepares them well to make a deep run !

Lapel Regional

The 4 teams I have advancing here are : Oak Hill , Rossville , Eastern(Greenetown), & Lapel . Oak Hill , Eastern(Greenetown) , & Lapel are all having fine years While Rossville would have to upset Seeger to get here . I like Oak Hill in game 1 to defeat Rossville or if Seeger would make it . In Game 2 , I like Lapel over Eastern(Greenetown) . In the championship game , I think Lapel will be too much on their home floor & I like them to defeat Oak Hill .

Greenfield Regional

The 4 teams I have advancing here are : Covenant Christian , Indpls Howe , Northeastern , & Cloverdale . In game 1 , I like Northeastern to defeat Cloverdale but with the Neese kid , anything could happen . In game 2 , I like Indpls Howe to defeat Covenant Christian for the same reason I like Howe coming out of their Sectional having to beat a Shendoah team with 19 wins . I just think the schedule Howe plays , prepares them well . I like Howe to defeat Northeastern in the championship game as well .

Paoli Regional

The 4 teams I have advancing here are : South Ripley , Barr-Reeve , Providence , & Forest Park . I think if all 4 of these teams are here , any of them could win it ! Barr-Reeve may have a tough time getting out of their Sectional having to play a South Knox who just beat a very good Pike Central team . Then they would have to tangle with most probably a very good Linton team . Barr-Reeve will have their work cut out for them but I really think losing to a very good Bloomfield team will get them refocused & Coach Hughes will have them ready to possibly make a deep run in 2A . I like Barr-Reeve to beat South Ripley in a good one in game 2 . In game 1 , this is probably a toss up but I think my Rangers will fall short on a last second shot . In the championship , I think the Vikings will get it done & advance over Providence .

Huntington North or Lafayette Jeff Semi- State

Their record may not show it , but I like Bowman Academy to defeat Lapel & advance to State .

Seymour or Richmond Semi State

I think Barr-Reeve is poised to get back to State in 2A this time . They are very well coached & very seldom beat themselves . I like Barr-Reeve to beat Indpls Howe in a tight one !

2A State Championship game : I think Bowman Academy will be too much for Barr-Reeve & they will win it !

Linton wins in 5 overtimes on a Pierce Jackson 3 as time expired. Linton struggled offensively, but their defense kept them in the game. South Knox has nothing to be ashamed of... A hard fought game. This the fourth straight sectional title. If the Miners can win next weekend... This class of seniors will have won eight sectionals, four regionals, and a pair of state finals appearances between basketball and football. The cupboard is full for continued success in both sports.

Linton wins in 5 overtimes on a Pierce Jackson 3 as time expired. Linton struggled offensively, but their defense kept them in the game. South Knox has nothing to be ashamed of... A hard fought game. This the fourth straight sectional title. If the Miners can win next weekend... This class of seniors will have won eight sectionals, four regionals, and a pair of state finals appearances between basketball and football. The cupboard is full for continued success in both sports.

GO MINERS!

Kingtut   

I think you could add at least two, maybe three, baseball Sectional titles to that total also.

Miners win BIG in the semis at Paoli...62-38 over North Decatur! I believe its Linton vs Providence at 8 for the Regional Championship! GO Miners

Unfortunately for the Miners... Their season came to an end last night. Providence edged out the Miners 50-44. The Miners struggled offensively. Part of that can be credited to Providence, who did a nice job challenging shots. Missed free throws and missed layups killed the our effort to use defensive pressure to retake the lead. It seemed each time the Miners got the lead down to 5... A couple missed layups in combination with a few made free throws or basket or two by Providence would inch the lead back to 9 or 10.

Hats off to the Seniors at Linton.... In their four year career, they have won four sectional, two regionals, and a semistate. Not to mention they completely redefined Linton as a football and basketball school. They also changed the identity of how Linton plays... Tough physical defense all over the court. They have been a joy to watch.

Sign in to follow this