Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MasonHAsher

Class 1A State Tournament

58 posts in this topic

I hope he is able to make it or that nice house he is building might just be a waste of time.

• [[Template core/front/sharelinks/pinterest does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Looking back at Maxpreps from the 2005-2006 season ND got beat by Shoals in the GPC classic (before GPB) and lost @ Eastern by 25 last game of the year. ND went on to lose in the Regional Championship 51-50 to Shakamak. So my point is we have been there before why not do it again.

• [[Template core/front/sharelinks/pinterest does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

GCC. You get the scene. Just add into the conversation 'My boy is better than his. Why are you not playing him'? Lol

Wow..if he is building, he must have confidence. Hopefully it will work out for him. After several really disappointing seasons, the Jack Butcher or no one crowd might be a little more receptive to anyone who can get LHS back into the mix of being serious competition. I miss the clash of the strong rivalries in sectional 63.

We hear similar things in Linton... But it is usually centered around football. Of course, winning cures all problems. I'd like to see this coach do well... Otherwise, I think Loogootee continues down a bad path. Being self aware is necessary to ignite positive change... I'm not sure how self aware the average Loogootee fan is.

I remember the 2005-2006 game between Shakamak and North Daviess. Jared Rehmel is one of... if not the best clutch player I've seen... And I've seen some good ones. Rehmel averaged over half his teams points and he was lights out in close games. ND was more talented, but Jared just carried that team to the semi state.

NV sectional comes in as the favorite.

Here are my 1A picks:

Sect. 49 - Gary 21st Century

Sect. 50 - Tri-County

Sect. 51 - Triton

Sect. 52 - FW Blackhawk

Sect. 53 - North Vermillion

Sect. 54 - Lafayette Central Catholic

Sect. 55 - Liberty Christian

Sect. 56 - Seton Catholic

Sect. 57 - Bloomfield

Sect. 58 - Indpls Tindley

Sect. 59 - Indpls Arlington

Sect. 60 - Jac-cen-del

Sect. 61 - Borden

Sect. 62 - Christian Academy

Sect. 63 - Loogootee

Sect. 64 - Wood Memorial

Triton Regional

The 4 teams I have advancing here are : Gary 21st Century , Triton , Tri-County , & FW Blackhawk . I believe Gary 21st Century has the leading scorer in the State but I don't know much else about them . Triton has had some tradition , so I picked Triton to beat Gary 21st Century in game 1 . Tr-County would have to beat a South Newton team who has 20 wins entering Sectional to get here . FW Blackhawk plays a rugged regular season schedule , so I picked them to beat Tri-County in game 2 & also picked FW Blackhawk to win this Regional despite having a record barely over .500 .

Frankfort Regional

The 4 teams I have advancing here are : North Vermillion , LCC , Liberty Christian , & Seton Catholic . Because of the tradition & a strong schedule , I have LCC defeating North Vermillion in game 1 . In game 2 , both Liberty Christian & Seton Catholic are having very strong years . I think Liberty Christian beat them during the season & I picked Liberty Christian to beat them again . In the championship game , I picked Liberty Christian to beat LCC .

Martinsville Regional

The 4 teams I have advancing here are : Bloomfield , Arlington , Indpls Tindley , & Jac-cen-del . Tindley & University pretty much had the same record in their Sectional . I went with Tindley to win it & aslo like Tindley to beat Jac-cen-del in game 1 of this Regional . Matt Britton does a great job @ Bloomfield & I think they are poised to make a deep run this year . I like Bloomfield to beat Arlington in Game 2 & also like Bloomfield to take out Tindley in the championship game .

Loogootee Regional

The 4 teams I have advancing here are : Loogootee , Borden , Christian Academy , & Wood Memorial . North Daviess has been playing well here as of late & it might be a war in the Loogootee Sectional but I think the Lions get it done on their home floor . However , I like Borden to beat Loogootee in game 2 of the Regional . In game 1 , this is probably going to be another war but I went with Christian Academy to defeat Wood Memorial . It wouldn't surprise me if Wood Memorial won this game it also wouldn't surprise me if Lanesville was here taking the place of Christian Academy . I did pick Christian Academy to defeat Borden in the championship game .

Huntington North or Lafayette Jeff Semi State

I have Liberty Christian defeating FW Blachawk to represent the North in the State finals .

Seymour or Richmond Semi-State

I think Bloomfield's great season continues , as I have them advancing over Christian Academy to represent the South in the State finals .

1A State Championship : I think Bloomfield's dream season falls short & Liberty Christian defeats them in a close one !

In sectional 57, Shakamak and Bloomfield will advance to the semifinals. Shakamak will face off with Eminence in game 1, while Bloomfield will play WRV in game 2.

Wood Memorial defeats Northeast Dubois 55-44 to advance to the Semi-Finals of Sectional 64.

Semi-Final games are:

1) Springs Valley/Tecumseh, and

2) Evansville Day/Wood Memorial

Sectional 64 Semi-Finals:

Tecumseh defeats Springs Valley, 60-54, and Wood Memorial defeats Evansville Day in OT, 63-60.

Sectional 64 Championship Game:

Wood Memorial over Tecumseh, 61-48.

Wood Memorial advances to Loogootee Regional and will face Rock Creek Academy in one Semi-Final.

West Washington will play North Daviess in the other Semi-Final.

Bloomfield defeated Shakamak to advance to the Regional. They will face Indianapolis Arlington.

North Daviess played to win on Friday and Saturday, two tough games made the plays when they needed to. Saturday against Loogootee you could tell the kids were not going to be denied the sectional championship they came out of the gate was ready to dominate. ND kept its lead to about 8-12 points through the first half and most of the 3rd before Loogootee started with the pressure in the 4th. They came out with full court 1-2-2 and dropped back into 1-3-1 and created some pressure and forced some turnovers and closed the gap to 5 points late in the 4th but ND hits some big shots and hit the free throws that mattered to win it 44-35.

If I was going to give a MVP award it would have to go to Caleb Wagler. He simply took over against Rivet on Friday and would not be denied at the rim and Saturday he did the same thing and made clutch shots and free throws to help secure the win. Cody Phillips finally found his shot again going 7-8 from 3 point range. He hit 4 3's Friday against Rivet and the first 3 3's came at the biggest part of the game on 3 consecutive possessions. Shannon Chesterfield has finally started playing like the 6'5 250lb kid he is and hit some clutch free throws and is making the right plays from the post.

Can't wait to see the regional this weekend and continue to watch the kids on this awesome run.

Cougar4life it sounds like it will be a matchup of 2 teams that are playing their best ball at the right time. It has been 20 years since my Senators won a sectional. Glad to be back! Should be an outstanding game!

Edited by Unclesam21

yes it should be, not for sure if ND and WW have ever played before but I cant wait to watch it.

I hear half the team has been out of town and missing practice, any truth to that?

Well I thought I quoted UncleSam's post, so let me clarify. I hear WW has had five or so varsity players out of town missing practice this week.

Edited by Ltownloser

Ltownloser there is no truth to that. Some have been out of town but have not missed practice to my knowledge.

Incredible morning session at the Loogootee Regional.

Wood Memorial defeats Rock Creek Academy, 65-62, in Double Overtime. I'll put this game against any in this year's State Tournament. Tied after the 3rd, tied at the end of regulation, tied after the first Overtime, and finally won on a buzzer-beating 3 by Wood Memorial.

Then West Washington came back from 5 points down late to defeat North Daviess, 45-43.

Bloomfield's game with Indy Arlington was just as dramatic. The Cardinals jumped out to a 13-4 lead, then the Golden Knights evened things up at 18 at the quarter's end. It was 22-22 at the half and 24-24 all after three. Arlington took a page from Bloomfield past by going into a stall and at times it worked but not completely. Bloomfield was down three late in regulation when Eli Combs tied it with a clutch three. Then in overtime with Arlington up five, Combs scored underneath to bring it down to three. After an Arlington miss, Brandon Van Sant stuck a three plus the foul that turned a three-point deficit into a one-point lead. Then he stole the inbound pass with 1.9 seconds left after a questionable out of bounds call and gave Bloomfield a 41-40 win. Tindley made a nice comeback in their semifinal win Southwestern Shelby, 53-49. The Cardinals and Tigers final was more anticlimactic than the semifinals but still a special win. The Cards won 51-37 to setup this weekend's showdown with West Washington. Good luck all around!

Cardinal Saturday going be a big day are you ready for it.

Yes I am. It should be a good game between two very solid 1A teams. Win or lose, this year's team has helped put Bloomfield basketball back in the public eye and hopefully in the discussion for years to come. I'll be at Seymour with my Cardinal Red on cheering them on and good Lord willing, we prevail.

Liberty Christian all over 21st Century - 103-80 Final. Lions started 6-7 from three point range.

Bloomfield withstands a strong 3rd quarter comeback from West Washington. Cardinals win 58-53.

Next week's title game should be interesting... I don't see Bloomfield allowing Liberty Christian enough possessions to score their season average of 70+ ppg.

What a ride it has been for Bloomfield. Yesterday's game did get a little tight but the Cardinals did a nice job of holding their opponent off by making foul shots and getting defensive stops when needed. It was also nice to see another player step up when the primary options were not available. Chris Gilmore may only average 6 and change a night, but he's a better player than what his stats say he is. His floor game will be a big factor next Saturday.

As for West Washington, that is a nice team the Senators have. Decent shot makers, relentless defenders, hard nosed, and all around talented players. My hat goes off to them and I think we'll hear a lot from them in 2016-17.

Now Bloomfield goes up against #1 Liberty Christian. From what I've heard, they are a different kind of animal that the Cardinals will have faced. But no matter, Bloomfield has made the community proud and win or lose, they have done so much to build up our name and I'm proud to call myself a Cardinal.

Good Luck and you have your hands full with LC.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0