Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MasonHAsher

Class 1A State Tournament

58 posts in this topic

This will be the 1A class tournament discussion. I have my sectional predictions below in bold. I have all the teams listed in each sectional and the host is bold on the far left. Let the discussion begin!

S49. Morgan Township: Gary 21st Century, Kouts, LaCrosse, Morgan Township, Washington Township, Westville.

S50. Tri-County: Caston, Covenant Christian (DeMotte), North White, Pioneer, South Newton, Tri-County, West Central.

S51. Triton: Argos, Culver Community, North Miami, Oregon-Davis, South Central (Union Mills), Triton.

S52. FW Blackhawk Christian: Bethany Christian, Elkhart Christian Academy, FW Blackhawk Christian, Hamilton, Lakeland Christian, Lakewood Park Christian.

S53. North Vermillion: Attica, North Vermillion, Riverton Parke, Rockville, Turkey Run.

S54. Lafayette Central Catholic: Clinton Central, Clinton Prairie, Faith Christian, Frontier, Lafayette Central Catholic, Tri-Central.

S55. Wes-Del: Anderson Preparatory Academy, Cowan, Daleville, Liberty Christian, Southern Wells, Wes-Del.

S56. Blue River Valley: Blue River Valley, Randolph Southern, Seton Catholic, Tri, Union (Modoc), Union City.

S57. White River Valley: Bloomfield, Clay City, Eminence, North Central (Farmersburg), Shakamak, White River Valley.

S58. Bethesda Christian: Bethesda Christian, Indiana School for the Deaf, Indiana Math & Science, Indianapolis Metropolitan, International, Tindley, University.

S59. Edinburgh: Central Christian Academy, Edinburgh, Greenwood Christian Academy, Indianapolis Arlington, Indianapolis Lutheran,

Morristown.

S60. South Decatur: Hauser, Jac-Cen-Del, Oldenburg Academy, Rising Sun, South Decatur, Southwestern (Shelbyville), Waldron.

S61. West Washington: Borden, Crothersville, Medora, Orleans, Trinity Lutheran, West Washington.

S62. New Washington: Christian Academy, Lanesville, New Washington, Rock Creek Academy, Shawe Memorial, South Central (Elizabeth).

S63. Loogootee: Loogootee, North Daviess, Shoals, Vincennes Rivet, Washington Catholic.

S64. Tecumseh: Cannelton, Evansville Day, Northeast Dubois, Springs Valley, Tecumseh, Wood Memorial.

Edited by MasonHAsher

I think Vincennes Rivet may come out of the Loogootee site. JMO

Whoever comes out of the North Vermillion sectional willsee #1 , #2 , or #8 at regionals. Good chance whoever wins that regional wins state.

I think Vincennes Rivet may come out of the Loogootee site. JMO

Why do you think that? It was a hard decision for me but I gave to to the hosts. I almost picked ND though and had Rivet 3rd.

Whoever comes out of the North Vermillion sectional willsee #1 , #2 , or #8 at regionals. Good chance whoever wins that regional wins state.

Probably get LCC who I think who be a really good match-up. They have a very athletic point guard who Wilkey would be on. Then Jackson Anthrop who I would assume Earl would take, but then they also have a 6'2 center who's pretty tough but LCC is nothing special this year. The Seton Catholic-Liberty Christian would be a really really good game to watch although I think LC has too much firepower and should win state in my opinion. NV first has to get past Rockville though who I still really like especially after their dismantling of Cloverdale the other night.

Why do you think that? It was a hard decision for me but I gave to to the hosts. I almost picked ND though and had Rivet 3rd.

Probably get LCC who I think who be a really good match-up. They have a very athletic point guard who Wilkey would be on. Then Jackson Anthrop who I would assume Earl would take, but then they also have a 6'2 center who's pretty tough but LCC is nothing special this year. The Seton Catholic-Liberty Christian would be a really really good game to watch although I think LC has too much firepower and should win state in my opinion. NV first has to get past Rockville though who I still really like especially after their dismantling of Cloverdale the other night.

I haven't seen LCC play this year but them just seem tio play a brutal schedule that help them come plaoff time. If the Falcons can keep the level of play that they have been they will be tough to beat. Cloverdale is not very good. hey have a 2 kids and after that nothing. Even if 1 is one of the best scores in the state. But firt thing first NV needs to take care of their final game of the season then focus on sectionals.

Edited by gamechanger

I haven't seen LCC play this year but them just seem tio play a brutal schedule that help them come plaoff time. If the Falcons can keep the level of play that they have been they will be tough to beat. Cloverdale is not very good. hey have a 2 kids and after that nothing. Even if 1 is one of the best scores in the state. But firt thing first NV needs to take care of their final game of the season then focus on sectionals.

LCC does play a tough schedule but I don't think they are a top 10 team in 1A nothing really jumps out at me as them being a really good team. Cloverdale isn't very good but they have improved a ton since the beginning of the year.

Do you think Loogootee has improved that much? ND is 4-0 against sectional opponents. They beat Rivet at home by 14 and beat Loogootee at Loogootee by 17.

They have won 6 straight now. Only 1 team had a record over .500 though and 4 games were at home. They seem more confident but Tuesday against jasper should be a better gauge of how well we can play. Looks like Cheezem has settled in with his new rotation of the two freshman. It will be interesting to see how they handle playing against good competition. We have bigger, quicker, better kids on the bench and I think that will come back to bite us not playing them

Do you think Loogootee has improved that much? ND is 4-0 against sectional opponents. They beat Rivet at home by 14 and beat Loogootee at Loogootee by 17.

I feel like Loogootee has improved and is playing well as of late. Being the host school would not hurt. I really gave it to the host between ND, Rivet and Loogootee just due to the comfortability factor.

They have won 6 straight now. Only 1 team had a record over .500 though and 4 games were at home. They seem more confident but Tuesday against jasper should be a better gauge of how well we can play. Looks like Cheezem has settled in with his new rotation of the two freshman. It will be interesting to see how they handle playing against good competition. We have bigger, quicker, better kids on the bench and I think that will come back to bite us not playing them

I agree. I feel like they are starting to settle in.

VR and ND was a tough one for me but to pick one, I settled on VR for various reasons but did so without a lot of confidence. You could probably put them in a basket and give it a toss. I see Loogootee as a definite third. They have not improved from what I have seen. Between ND and VR, ND could have a slight edge defensively, depending upon which team shows up. Officiating could be key in this one. Sectional 63 is the weakest I have ever seen. Without checking their records, didn't they all struggle to just break even?

VR and ND was a tough one for me but to pick one, I settled on VR for various reasons but did so without a lot of confidence. You could probably put them in a basket and give it a toss. I see Loogootee as a definite third. They have not improved from what I have seen. Between ND and VR, ND could have a slight edge defensively, depending upon which team shows up. Officiating could be key in this one. Sectional 63 is the weakest I have ever seen. Without checking their records, didn't they all struggle to just break even?

ND - 11-11

Loogootee - 11-9

Rivet - 10-11

Shoals, Wash. Catholic - 3-18

Each team beat the ones below itself and lost to the ones above.

Edited by MasonHAsher

Loogootee has won six in a row, but every team is average or below. Orleans looks like a good win, but They are considerably weaker than most years. The rest of the teams have their few wins against other average or below teams. The same could be said for ND or VR. At least ND defeated all their sectional opponents. I'd give them the narrow nod... With Rivet at second... The Lions are capable as well.

I pick VR, ND or LHS.lol Anybody's to win or lose. Not much difference in the end, I agree. Maybe it will hinge upon who is the hungriest. Whoever it is, I will be surprised if they go any further but it is basketball.

ND should win this sectional but that does not mean that they will. Loogootee has been playing a lot better as of late and playing at home is always an advantage especially in a playoff atmosphere. They have the easiest route to the championship and have pretty much a free ride to Saturday night. As long as ND stays out of foul trouble with Wagler and Lengacher then they SHOULD get past VR. It will be a good matchup between the Lions and the Cougars but I feel like ND has just a few more weapons and this one will be won by outside shooting which is not a strength of Loogootee. My prediction is ND wins it by 10-12.

I do agree it is about as easy to pick the winner by flipping a coin between the 3. I have seen ND at their best and I have seen them at their worst. They can play with Bloomfield and Wood and lose to Tecumseh I don't get it. I have never seen a team in my life like ND who can look great one game and then look like a 7th grade team lost in a varsity blow out.

They sure have struggled to be consistent. You said it perfectly. Must be very frustrating for coach.

It will be really interesting to see the outcome. I picked Loogootee because they are the hot team right now, I think they have a really good coach, and they also are the host.

I personally don't know a lot about the coach other than what I read in the newspapers and have just heard throughout the area when they hired him. The only complaint I have heard is the fact that he insists upon playing his son who is a freshman and according to town folk many do not think he deserves or earns that position. But that is an age old battle with a father/son situation

I agree with you. I knew him from his time at Covington and thought he just outcoached the other coaches all the time. Now, that may be different in the Southern part of the state. I hear there are some really good coaches down there.

Edited by MasonHAsher

I!ll put it this way. If he can coach and can prove his ability by winning he will survive. But IF he ever lets parents get the upper hand and dictate how he does his job he will fail. I am sure any coach will probably tell you that parents and avid sports fans always have an opinion and some are not shy about expressing their opinion. In my opinion, boisterous fans and opinionated parents can make or break a coach. This area is notorious for attempting to meddle. They eat, sleep, and breathe basketball.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0