Sign in to follow this  
MasonHAsher

First Financial Wabash Valley Classic

Terre Haute North defeats West Vigo 73-50 in Game 16. Predictions 14/16.

Top scorers:

1. Jordan Schafer 20 (West Vigo)

2. Jalen Owens 16 (Terre Haute North)

3. Keshaun Sandifer 11 (Terre Haute North)

Edited by MasonAsher2014

Terre Haute South defeats Linton Stockton 79-50 in Game 12. Predictions: 10/12

Leading Scorers:

1. Jacob Clothier 18 (Linton Stockton)

2. Jaylen Minnett 16 (Terre Haute South)

3. Chase Dinkel 13 (Terre Haute South)

Final score not indicative of how competitive this game was. If Linton's PG doesn't pick up his 4th foul late in the 3rd quarter, this one goes down to the wire. South led by 2 when he picked up his 4th... a minute and change later, the lead was 14.

Of the games I've seen Linton play this year, I thought this was their best outing. A couple observations...

- South couldn't press Linton.

- Linton had 2 guys in street clothes... one starter.

- South's Washington has D1 offers? ...obviously based on potential and not production. Linton didn't even guard him.

Big game today against Cloverdale for chance to play on day 4.

Final score not indicative of how competitive this game was. If Linton's PG doesn't pick up his 4th foul late in the 3rd quarter, this one goes down to the wire. South led by 2 when he picked up his 4th... a minute and change later, the lead was 14.

Of the games I've seen Linton play this year, I thought this was their best outing. A couple observations...

- South's Washington has D1 offers? ...obviously based on potential and not production. Linton didn't even guard him.

My observation from the other side is South missed a lot of shots in the first half they normally make and once they started hitting, it was no contest.

-Minnett was out the majority of the first half with foul trouble

-Not sure about not being able to press. Linton had 19 turnovers and the press wore them out

-Lintons guards can't go left

-Washington is just a Sophomore. He does a lot of things right. Needs to improve his shot but he didn't play horrible yesterday

-Lintons go to play is to lower a shoulder or forearm when trapped and then their fans want a foul called. Very unbecoming an up and coming program

I agree with this, although I still think that even if he had not picked up fouls Terre Haute South still would have pulled away and won because they are more athletic and Linton was getting tired. It was much closer than I expected but that also may be due in part to Linton's athleticism, I was very impressed with Clothier. He had a few nice moves to get around the defender. The game was competitive though, maybe more so than I thought it would be and I think the Terre Haute South coaches got a little nervous.

I thought they could and I thought they did really well, Terre Haute South has superior athletes and I thought it really tired Linton out. They also had 15+ turnovers.

I noticed that. It was Meurer right? After a 17 point game Saturday that really hurt them.

He does, he won't go higher than a low major D1 school. He holds offers from IUPUI and New Orleans. He needs to learn how to combined his shooting and scoring and I would like to see him be a little bit more active. He is much better than he was this summer and he looks more confident with the ball in his hands. He just did not look great but I thought he looked fine. His jumper is nice and I'd just like to see him a little more active.

My observation from the other side is South missed a lot of shots in the first half they normally make and once they started hitting, it was no contest.

-Minnett was out the majority of the first half with foul trouble

-Not sure about not being able to press. Linton had 19 turnovers and the press wore them out

-Lintons guards can't go left

-Washington is just a Sophomore. He does a lot of things right. Needs to improve his shot but he didn't play horrible yesterday

-Lintons go to play is to lower a shoulder or forearm when trapped and then their fans want a foul called. Very unbecoming an up and coming program

I agree with everything here. Terre Haute South missed a ton of shots in the first half. Linton is football players first who can get it done on the court as well. I also agree with the fans, they were screaming every time but if I were a fan I would too. I'm on the baseline so I could pretty clearly see that most were not fouls and if anything they were offensive as they pushed off with their forearms.

Edited by MasonAsher2014

Shakamak defeats Sullivan 57-55 in Game 17. Predictions 14/16.

Leading scorers:

1. Tanner Yeryar 29 (Shakamak)

2. Trey Powell 27 (Sullivan)

T3. Mathias Caucheteur 10 (Shakamak)

T3. Braden Scott 10 (Shakamak)

Edited by MasonAsher2014

I agree with this, although I still think that even if he had not picked up fouls Terre Haute South still would have pulled away and won because they are more athletic and Linton was getting tired. It was much closer than I expected but that also may be due in part to Linton's athleticism, I was very impressed with Clothier. He had a few nice moves to get around the defender. The game was competitive though, maybe more so than I thought it would be and I think the Terre Haute South coaches got a little nervous.

I thought they could and I thought they did really well, Terre Haute South has superior athletes and I thought it really tired Linton out. They also had 15+ turnovers.

I noticed that. It was Meurer right? After a 17 point game Saturday that really hurt them.

He does, he won't go higher than a low major D1 school. He holds offers from IUPUI and New Orleans. He needs to learn how to combined his shooting and scoring and I would like to see him be a little bit more active. He is much better than he was this summer and he looks more confident with the ball in his hands. He just did not look great but I thought he looked fine. His jumper is nice and I'd just like to see him a little more active.

I agree with everything here. Terre Haute South missed a ton of shots in the first half. Linton is football players first who can get it done on the court as well. I also agree with the fans, they were screaming every time but if I were a fan I would too. I'm on the baseline so I could pretty clearly see that most were not fouls and if anything they were offensive as they pushed off with their forearms.

Unless there is 2 of them, Meurer played. Was 0-3 from the field. I've not heard or read anything about Linton missing any starters yesterday and I sat in there section. Nothing in the paper either.

Unless there is 2 of them, Meurer played. Was 0-3 from the field. I've not heard or read anything about Linton missing any starters yesterday and I sat in there section. Nothing in the paper either.

I thought he played but since he did not score I was not sure. I'm guessing it was Andrew Woods then, their 6'3" guy inside. That's the only person I think it could be.

I thought he played but since he did not score I was not sure. I'm guessing it was Andrew Woods then, their 6'3" guy inside. That's the only person I think it could be.

Pierce Jackson is the starter that DNP. Woods and Tally are both varsity players who DNP either.

Also, Minnett was only out 4 min. in the first half and while South's press was good, it really only worked when Joe Dieball was out of the game. Don't suppose any of South's missed shots in the first half could've been due to Linton's defense??

And let's not bring the fans into the equation. Otherwise, I would have to mention South's fan wearing a wife-beater waving a Mexican flag. Now THAT is unbecoming.

It was a good game until late in the 3rd quarter. If Linton extends that type of play to include the entire game (and stays out of foul trouble), they've got a good shot in the Sectional.

Pierce Jackson is the starter that DNP. Woods and Tally are both varsity players who DNP either.

Also, Minnett was only out 4 min. in the first half and while South's press was good, it really only worked when Joe Dieball was out of the game. Don't suppose any of South's missed shots in the first half could've been due to Linton's defense??

And let's not bring the fans into the equation. Otherwise, I would have to mention South's fan wearing a wife-beater waving a Mexican flag. Now THAT is unbecoming.

It was a good game until late in the 3rd quarter. If Linton extends that type of play to include the entire game (and stays out of foul trouble), they've got a good shot in the Sectional.

I just looked at the box score, I was not sure who started or not. Minnett did play a lot in the first half but the press worked, they forced 17 turnovers off of it. It could have been due to the defense but still even for Terre Haute South they missed shots they should have made, you can't say Linton plays better defense than Ben Davis or Evansville Bosse. You could I guess but it's not true, Terre Haute South made shots against them and just flat out missed against Linton.

On the fans thing, I'm not I'm just replying to what I heard from the fans. I have no reason to say anything about any fans because I generally do not care what they say or do and neither should anyone else. They are just fans and I am not going to say anything else about them in any capacity.

Linton really impressed me in this game, they are a good 2A team, hopefully they can keep up the energy like this in every game they play.

Casey-Westfield defeats Riverton Parke 59-39 in game 18. Predictions: 16/18.

Leading scorers:

1. Caleb Dickey 17 (Riverton Parke)

2. Payton Chism 15 (Casey-Westfield)

3. Corey Carver 14 (Casey-Westfield)

Edited by MasonAsher2014

Marshall defeats Robinson 54-48 in Game 19. Predictions 17/19

Leading scorers:

1. Josiah Wallace 24 (Marshall)

2. Spencer Shaffner 22 (Marshall)

3. Brody Scott 13 (Robinson)

Edited by MasonAsher2014

Predictions for semifinal games tonight?

I think South wins big, by at least 25 points. I think Edgewood is a solid, well-coached team, but they don't have anyone to match up with South. If they play hard and tough they could make it competitive like Linton did.

Northview, on the other hand, could give North all they can handle. I think it will be close for 3 quarters and North will pull away to win by 10-15. If Northview handles the pressure well and shoots well from beyond the arc and at the free throw line, they put themselves in good position for a big upset. I think we are looking at another (sigh) North-South final though.

Predictions for semifinal games tonight?

I think South wins big, by at least 25 points. I think Edgewood is a solid, well-coached team, but they don't have anyone to match up with South. If they play hard and tough they could make it competitive like Linton did.

Northview, on the other hand, could give North all they can handle. I think it will be close for 3 quarters and North will pull away to win by 10-15. If Northview handles the pressure well and shoots well from beyond the arc and at the free throw line, they put themselves in good position for a big upset. I think we are looking at another (sigh) North-South final though.

I agree with all of this although I think South will win by 16-18ish. Edgewood has some good shooters. I think Northview will give Terre Haute North everything they have but North will come out fast and have a comfortable 8-10 point lead the entire game.

Edited by MasonAsher2014

Owen Valley defeats Rockville 51-45 in Game 20. Predictions 17/20.

Leading scorers:

1. Cameron King 23 (Owen Valley)

2. Lance Hopkins 15 (Rockville)

3. Landon Newnum 14 (Rockville)

Edited by MasonAsher2014

Minnett went out with about 4 minutes left in the first quarter and came back with about 4 left in second.

If you're going to try and insult the South fans, maybe you should be correct in doing so. It's not a Mexican flag, it's an Italian flag that they wave when the Italian Foreign Exchange student comes in. Nice try though.

Maybe Souths run had something to do with they're defense like Lintons affected Souths shots in the first half.

Lintons a decent team. I think South beats them 10/10 times though.

Edited by THN/S fan1

I will say though that overall I really like the officiating. They are letting the kids play and they have not let any game get chippy. I have no complaints about the officiating at all. Especially from someone who is a scout, let them play. Separates the boys from the men.

Linton-Stockton defeats Cloverdale 67-51 in Game 21. Predictions 18/21.

Leading scorers:

1. Cooper Neese 30 (Cloverdale)

2. Tyler Meurer 20 (Linton-Stockton)

3. Josh Dieball 16 (Linton-Stockton)

Edited by MasonAsher2014

West Vigo defeats South Vermillion 63-44 in Game 22. Predictions 19/22.

Leading scorers:

1. Corey Vickers 19 (West Vigo)

2. Ty Lautenschlager 15 (West Vigo)

3. Adam Hedden 14 (South Vermillion)

Terre Haute South defeats Edgewood 89-74 in Game 23. Predictions 20/23.

Leading scorers:

T1. Jaylen Minnett 35 (Terre Haute South)

T1. Brayden Patton 35 (Edgewood)

3. Chayton Howard 20 (Edgewood)

**Terre Haute South set the record for most points in a half with 55**

**The 55-39 score (94) combined for the most in one half in history.**

Edited by MasonAsher2014

Terre Haute North defeats Northview 64-55 in Game 24. Predictions: 21/24.

Leading scorers:

1. A.J. Smith 20 (Terre Haute North)

2. Casius Bell 16 (Terre Haute North)

3. Drew Lumsdon 14 (Northview)

Edited by MasonAsher2014

Sign in to follow this