Sign in to follow this  
taps browning

Linton at BR this Friday

Thoughts? Predictions? Here's mine:

Physicality: A push in terms of length and strength, but Linton is quicker and more athletic.

Skills: I think BR has more/better shooters.

Mentality: This should be a plus for BR, but they have been inconsistent from a mental standpoint. They were great against Washington, as bad as you can imagine against Tecumseh, and somewhere in between against Orleans.

X Factors: As far as I know the Linton players have never played in Montgomery. You would think that would be an advantage for BR. Most visiting teams say they like shooting in Kavanaugh Kourt, but it might take more than one exposure to feel that way. Another X factor is that coach Hughes always keeps his cards close to the vest when playing a sectional opponent. Oh, he will try and win the game, but it will be strictly from the standard BR playbook - there will be nothing special for Linton. If he has something special in mind he will save it for the sectional.

As far as a prediction is concerned I think I have to go with BR mostly because of the venue.

Thoughts? Predictions? Here's mine:

Physicality: A push in terms of length and strength, but Linton is quicker and more athletic.

Skills: I think BR has more/better shooters.

Mentality: This should be a plus for BR, but they have been inconsistent from a mental standpoint. They were great against Washington, as bad as you can imagine against Tecumseh, and somewhere in between against Orleans.

X Factors: As far as I know the Linton players have never played in Montgomery. You would think that would be an advantage for BR. Most visiting teams say they like shooting in Kavanaugh Kourt, but it might take more than one exposure to feel that way. Another X factor is that coach Hughes always keeps his cards close to the vest when playing a sectional opponent. Oh, he will try and win the game, but it will be strictly from the standard BR playbook - there will be nothing special for Linton. If he has something special in mind he will save it for the sectional.

As far as a prediction is concerned I think I have to go with BR mostly because of the venue.

Sounds about right, although I would think Linton has the "strength" category working in their favor. ...not sure how much that actually helps a team though.

I'd say both coaches want to win Friday night, but assume neither are going to do anything special to do so. ...not sure if the Linton football kids have had time to knock off all the rust yet???

Prediction? ...a great game. BR will be tough to beat on their home floor, but one thing I've learned in watching Joey's teams, Linton won't fear the name or back down from anyone. 6 or 7 point game either way...

BR11366   

It should be another really good early season test for both teams. I think Barr-Reeve has been tested more at this point of the season with 2 good wins over a very good Washington team and an always solid, well coached Orleans team. Linton will be strong and well coached, but really untested so far this season. Cloverdale was their strongest opponent, but they are really a one man show and then there is Clay City and FC who are both really down this year so it makes it hard to get a read on them. I'm pretty confident to say I think both teams will come ready to play and should be a fun game to watch.

Sign in to follow this