Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
whynotus

SWIAC 2015-16

185 posts in this topic

Let's get started. who's doing what in the SWIAC this year? should be a great season, coaching change @ Shakamak, Bloomfield senior class has high expectations, will Linton continue to shock people? How will it turn out? let me know what you think.

• [[Template core/front/sharelinks/pinterest does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bloomfield and Linton are the cream of the crop, Eastern, North Daviess, North Central, Clay City, and Shakamak are in the middle, while WRV brings up the rear. Linton has the most athleticism, while Bloomfield has the size. Should be a very interesting 2015-16.

• [[Template core/front/sharelinks/pinterest does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I really think Bloomfield should be shooting for a state title this year, they should easily get through their sectional, they may have trouble in regional, semi state will

be Borden, Orleans, or Loogootee. don't doubt me on the Lions, the new coach has them fired up to play

I fully expect Loogootee to be a very tough team this year and next year, sectional 63 won't be the same without Barr-Reeve however. Wood Memorial is going to be very good as well, returning their entire team minus Sevier. As for Bloomfield, on paper they have immense talent, but you got to play the games to prove it, and I hope it's a banner year on this side of the river and I wish Linton success as well.

With Booe leaving CC is going to have a rough year and quite a few to come. But come March could surprise with a an upset never know. Bloomfield could be a beast. Like Wood Memorial. Linton and Bloomfield should battle for the Swiac.

you know, this is not an attack at anyone, but a challenge for youth ,JH and high school coaches that read this. We have a habit of putting kids in a box at a young age and leaving them their. this is done by most coaches with few exceptions. Let me give an example, Brandon Van Sant is a good kid, and a talented ball player, but since he was a little guy he has been guy, he will probably help Bloomfield win a lot of games this year but what happens to him next year? he will be a 6'6" post player in college. that is a difficult place to be, I don't know what they go over in practice, but is he skilled enough to step out on the wing at the next level? Youth and junior high coaches look at a kid and make him a center or a guard just on how they look. we need to be instilling these kids, our kids with all around ball skills. we cheat them if we don't. we sometimes forget that the kids are not here for us, but we are here for them. let's teach them how to play, not just run an offense, but to have fun playing a game.

I agree with you.

We have no idea of what coaches do, we just go by what we see so that's all we can judge. As for what goes behind the scenes, we have to trust that our coaches are doing their best to train our student-athletes for not only on-court success but off of it. I hope that all of our area coaches are instilling this in our teams we follow so closely.

Talent wise, 1A South is probably as weak as I can recall. I would think Bloomfield would have a decent chance to get to Indy. Wood Memorial has the kind of athletes who could spread them out and beat them. I don't see Loogootee as being able to be competitive beyond the sectional level this year. Borden is a good program with a good coach, same is true of Orleans, but they seem to be snake bitten in the tournament (Orleans, I mean). At some point either Christian Academy or Rock Creek Academy is going to assemble a tourney winner - I have no idea if this is the year or not.

When will Linton having a good basketball team stop shocking people? This year's team might lack some size but over all I see this team having more depth and more athletic basketball players. I don't see Bloomfield beating Linton this year especially if Linton can dictate the pace.

Linton has much better guard play.

But no post play

Edited by whynotus

I agree this Linton team will pride itself on its athleticism and will be a very good team and should, along with Barr-Reeve, be a sectional favorite. The game between Bloomfield and Linton should be an all-out war and should bring out the best in both teams and coaches. My guess is that the two meet not only at Glover in their season matchup but in the Greene County Invite as well.

Edited by AlwaysACardinal

Saw on another board that Tindley may have got KJ Coleman from Pike. Wow who ever gets out of sec57 might have to face a beast.

which board was that?

is there any truth to the rumor that Pat Rady is no longer the Cloverdale coach?

Edited by whynotus

Harrels and yes big Pat is gone Lil Pat is in. Not going to surprise me if Cooper Neese leaves for his senior year hope not. Kid can play.

Harrels and yes big Pat is gone Lil Pat is in. Not going to surprise me if Cooper Neese leaves for his senior year hope not. Kid can play.

Neese could go anywhere, any ideas on where he might go?, I don't know where the family lives, or where they might go. I am now having dreams of Cooper Neese and Josh Dieball on the same floor and Linton scoring about 70-80 points a game

He is a legacy player at Cloverdale I think. If he would go anywhere it would be someplace around or in the circle city I'm sure. Most likely stay but wouldn't surprise me if he leaves. Kid can get buckets.

think about the pizza hut classic, 4 all tourney players were soph's. Minnet, Neese, Dieball, and Wallace from Marshall, I can't wait for this year

Prayers to Joe and Josh Dieball's family, their dad passed away this morning from what I've heard.

think about the pizza hut classic, 4 all tourney players were soph's. Minnet, Neese, Dieball, and Wallace from Marshall, I can't wait for this year

http://www.welchcornett.com/displayobit1.aspx?callid=2439

John Dieball loved watching his boys play basketball. He was a good man. My family and I had become quite good friends with him and his family the past few years. I'm just devastated for them. Prayers for his wife, 11 children, and unborn child. I'm sure he will be watching from above. RIP whynotus.

Prayers to the family.

OK, I don't know why you are all complaining of Bloomfield's Coaching... Even more idiotic is saying that Bloomfield played the wrong defense in the sectional vs Clay City...... Bloomfield is not athletic enough to guard Clay City man to man..... So would you rather play a zone and make them hit 3 pointers (Low Percentage) or guard them man to man, get Vansant in foul trouble and Bloomfield gets beat of the dribble and CC gets layups all day (High percentage)..... Should be a no brainier.... and as far as Britton Getting out coached by Joey, explain to me how Bloomfield beat them last year at LINTON without 2 starters (Luke Van, Zech Skinner) and in the sectionals when they had the twin towers (Dess, Austin) last time i checked Briton has a winning record vs Joey when he hasn't had as talented as teams as joey..... Im from the spencer area and i know joey and he told me this "You know what i don't like about play Bloomfield?? Briton is one of the hardest coaches to coach against". I have no affiliation with eather team but i managed to see lots of Bloomfield and Linton Games.... As far as Sectionals Bloomfield the heavy favorite, BUT the regional has potential to be the hardest 1a regional in the state.... All 4 teams in that regional will be state ranked in 1a. Hope for the best for all teams!!!!

He came out of the zone smartest thing I ever saw him do. I agree Martinsville going to be tough this year. Bloomfield should walk to Martinsville with Booe going to Northview. Though CC might surprise you still have some shooters but don't see it happening.

I believe if Bloomfield can get out of there regional we will see them in Indy in the State Finals

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0