Sign in to follow this  
Mustafa

Crean

Mustafa   

Heres my speculation/rumor/gossip/truth:

Crean will be gone by the end of the season.

Word out of Bloomington is that he wants to leave also, he's burned all the bridges that he can and no one in B-town cares for him.

The holdup is the money of the buyout, currently all parties are discussing a compensation package that is suited for all.

Look for him to end up in either Alabama or Tennessee.

Also he has been shopping his talents and behind the door talks since last season with various programs.

Let their be hope. But he most likely will be there. HE NEEDS TO GO. Did a good job righting the ship but IU needs and deserves a Admiral at the helm to sail, the seas of college basketball.

Edited by Eel fan south grad

Great article!

I was present for the loss to Eastern Washington early in the year... it was embarrassing, not to many grade school coaches would have let the pick and roll destroy them... they would have went to a zone. Crean couldn't figure that out until EW needed only a play or two to win... they made the plays... they won.

I also sat with my son to watch the IU/Pitt game. IU just outplayed Pitt. They looked like a team that would do anything to win.

Interesting that these two instances pretty much sums up the article and his opinion on Crean.

Grover   

You can certainly dislike Crean as a coach but as a person I don't believe that "No one in B-town cares for him".

ACE08   

Fred Glass sure likes him (cares for him)

Glass needs to go as well. He's cost the University millions with all of his dumb contract extensions and ridiculous buy out deals with coaches. Crean needs to be gone before he drags it down even further=no coach.

Glass needs to go as well. He's cost the University millions with all of his dumb contract extensions and ridiculous buy out deals with coaches. Crean needs to be gone before he drags it down even further=no coach.

I don't disagree. But in the last month Glass has stated Crean is safe and there was also an article where the trustees were quoted as saying glass was safe. It is (post)modern iu athletics golden age is over. At one point the swimming diving teams won 3 or 4 straight ncaa titles and of course basketball was spread out with success in the tourney with the 40 53 76 81 and 87 titles wrestling was good waaaay back in time. Now i guess we can say baseball is our leading sport. Well fed up fans like i used to be have finally relented a lot of us have anyways you don't seem to have lost any of your insight though. Glass isnt all bad but i agree i definately didnt like his contract extensions for crean and raises and the lack of a contract for the baseball coach that went to two straight world series that left for asu. And then we have the ever present football program that is eternally damned. It is sad to be an iu fan at times.

Edited by blm25super

Sign in to follow this