Sign in to follow this  
rikoo333

Loogootee Basketball

rikoo333   

You know what's wrong with the Loogootee boys basketball program. It's senior night and parents are being attacked at the front door my a LION BACKER, because of jealousy. In a winning program stuff like this would never happen! If your a LION BACKER you should have more class than take out your own personal agenda on other parents in the program. Are we not suppose to be all for one and one for all. Until this shit stops Loogootee will never move in the right direction. I will guarantee the next coach that takes over this historic program will not tolerate this kind of shit and put people like the LION BACKER leader in their place! Loogootee basketball will return to form! So jump on or get the hell out!!!

Fist off I think you know that kids read this blog and its not the time or the place for cussing, but your new here so Im not gonna report it to the webmaster this time but if you wanna come on here and cuss I promise I will click the report button.

Nobody attacked anybody at the game last night either. If you want to call a grown adult speaking there mind attacking than go ahead but I seen nothing of the sort going on last night.

Fan   

The season is almost over. i know tempers are hot and pride is hurt. This is the result of a coach that Loogootee paid 30 years salary too and he threw his team, program and school under the bus six weeks before the season starts. I say thanks because we won more games than last year. We got the best coach besides Andy that applied. We will get a new coach in a timely manner. The administration is well aware of who to get rid of and what we need to do to get back on track. I feel sorry for these seniors that got caught up in this mess. They did and do have a lot to offer and won just as many if not more grade school games than any kid in the program now and as a team. Leadership is what we are lacking and have for some time. We are headed in the right direction folks.

BRBBALL   

Sad to see a local school/team going thru such a mud slinging event. Grow up people. Sure Sectional 63 is down this year. Sure there is only one team with a winning record this year in the sectional. But for good sakes get it together people. Your down, so what. Even the Cubs have been saying for years, "wait till next year". There will be better years to come. ND is going thru the same thing and I don't see any of the slinging going on here. If you don't get it together and start backing the program then you better get used to loosing seasons more often than not. Let the coaches coach, let the players play and let the fans chew on the refs like usual. lol But on a serious note, get behind the coaches even if you don't like his approach or if your child doesn't get any playing time. If everyone on the team likes you as a coach, then you are not a good coach.

Sad to see a local school/team going thru such a mud slinging event. Grow up people. Sure Sectional 63 is down this year. Sure there is only one team with a winning record this year in the sectional. But for good sakes get it together people. Your down, so what. Even the Cubs have been saying for years, "wait till next year". There will be better years to come. ND is going thru the same thing and I don't see any of the slinging going on here. If you don't get it together and start backing the program then you better get used to loosing seasons more often than not. Let the coaches coach, let the players play and let the fans chew on the refs like usual. lol But on a serious note, get behind the coaches even if you don't like his approach or if your child doesn't get any playing time. If everyone on the team likes you as a coach, then you are not a good coach.

GREAT post brbball!

LHSFAN   

Loogootee loses for first time in 22 years to Washington Catholic tonight 46-41..... If I've been told correctly, last loss in 1993 came down to last possession in sectional. And that was to a WC team that had the states leading scoring and went to Sweet 16 in single class system. What should be obvious is that Loogootee will not be able to pull any coaches from any successful program in the state. Who in their right mind after reading posts on social media and the basketball digest would want to step into this mess. Majority of posters on here are crazy parents that you can easily identify by their comments. Making excuses for their kids and blaming everyone but themselves because they are not as skilled as they think the coaches SHOULD HAVE made them. Shooting % from Free Throw line, from around the basket and from 3pt arc is just one stat that you can't argue. Before making excuses, what we need to do is be honest and ask yourself a few questions. Did your kids do all they could do to be the best they could be or In the 4yrs they have been in high school did everyone else in the area work harder than them?? YES! Hard Work pays off. The weeks during off season that they didn't pick up a basketball and the Sundays they didn't go into the gym during season and try to make themselves better has caught up with them and I'm sorry it's TOO LATE! Maybe the best lesson that our Underclassmen, JH kids and youngsters will learn from this season is by reading this post. They just might start understanding that you can't slap on a Loogootee uniform and expect to continue the success Loogootee Basketball has had in the past. There is a sense of pride and work ethic you need to possess.

Edited by LHSFAN

coach k has been out of coaching for a few years but he is as sound a fundamental coach that there is and no one does x's and o's like he does. he would be a perfect fit for lhs.

I know Coach K pretty well....if he wants back in, it won't be at Loogootee, and for a variety of reasons. He's had chances, and I can't wait until he's back on the sidelines. Ken is a good, good man.

I know Coach K pretty well....if he wants back in, it won't be at Loogootee, and for a variety of reasons. He's had chances, and I can't wait until he's back on the sidelines. Ken is a good, good man.

l have heard PC reached out to him after last season and he declined. I agree that Kenny is as fine a man as you will find on the planet earth. To me he is a hoops junkie and loogootee has a tremendous basketbnall tradition and he has the utmost respect for coach butcher. One thing I will say is if he would land there (and he could) he would put his heart and soul into bringing the lions back into prominence. I can say that coach k misses the sidelines, he has told me that.

No doubt he misses the sidelines.....he would have been perfect at PC. With one son coaching at BR, and another about to enter high school, I doubt he would venture too far from his Evansville home. His youngest son has the potential to be a nice player....

LHS3   

Well, I guess after last nights game we all now get to see which direction the program will go in. Thoughts??

Mustafa   

Heard thru the grapevine last night at JBA, that there is talk of keeping Hopkins for a following year.

Don't know how true but just what was being said.

JQWL   

No idea on what they are going to do but the job is posted on Hickory Husker.

BRBBALL   

If Hoppy can do his job without looking over his back and has the support of his staff, I think he will do great. Its going to take some time. Springs Valley is probably kicking their self about now. Josh is saying, look at me now. If the "locals" want Mike out then he might as well go now.

washfan   

Im pretty sure Springs Valley is not kicking theirselves that they let Thompson go..........and I'm not sure Hopkins, or any coach for that matter, wants to coach in the current environment at Loogootee. Great basketball history but too much parent, school board and administration, community involvment (of the wrong kind). It will be really hard for anyone to be successful in that situation. I just feel bad for the kids and true fans of the school/program who suffer through this sitcom.

Every school goes through rough years and Washington has seen their share, but it has gone WAY to far in Loogootee and is kind of embarrassing to watch play out.

No idea on what they are going to do but the job is posted on Hickory Husker.

I assume that means they are looking for a coach only again? I hate that.

I assume that means they are looking for a coach only again? I hate that.

It is also listed on the Indiana Department of Education job bank, so I don't think that's the case.

Sign in to follow this