Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris Johannes

Dubois County Tournament, Dec. 20

6 posts in this topic

Is this the first year for the tournament? It's pretty neat to see it being played with the four Dubois County teams together. Kind of harkens back to the days of the single class tournament or the Holiday Tournament held at Huntingburg.

This year's schedule:

Jasper vs. Northeast Dubois, 10 a.m.

Forest Park vs. Southridge, 11:45 a.m.

Consolation, 6 p.m.

Championship, 7:45 p.m.

Couple of good articles in the Herald about this tournament.

By BRENDAN PERKINS
Herald Sports Editor

For four schools linked by such familiarity, there’s a definite air of mystery about their upcoming get-together.

How this pre-Christmas-tournament scenario will work out. The volume at which fans will fill Huntingburg Memorial Gym. The prospect of recapturing at least a portion of the fervor of Dubois County’s old single-class sectional.

The big reveal — however it turns out — will come Saturday after four games of basketball in the inaugural Dubois County Hoops Classic. Jasper, Southridge, Forest Park and Northeast Dubois will intersect under the same roof for the first time since all four county squads participated in the former Herald Tipoff Classic in 2003. Not even Southridge athletic director Brett Bardwell is exactly certain what to expect. About all Bardwell has to go on is some of the buzz he’s sensed.

Edited by Chris Johannes
No swiping of copyrighted stories, especially when they are subscription-only

I like this format, it reminds me of the old all class Saturday regional, semi state, and state tournament.

2nd this

I like the format. Don't like the idea of playing these same schools later in the year.

I never liked playing schools twice and have always hated potentially playing schools 3 times like the Raiders and Wildcats could do if they meet in sectional.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0