Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PrincetonTiger

Southwestern Indiana Basketball:Big 8, PAC, SIAC and et. al.

78 posts in this topic

Evansville central over gibson southern 63-62 in ot, first game of the year, gibson southern will win a lot of games this year. It's a whole different look and feel from last year.

Go Titans!

Blue Chip is up for grabs between Barr-Reeve and South Knox with North Knox being a sleeper. Seen South Knox defeated North Knox on Tuesday 12/9. Great win for Mark and Mike. BR plays SK twice this season. They play each other opening night at GPB Classic in Odon over the holidays. Cant wait, should be a great Classic with Rock Creek, Brownstown, Clay City, South Knox and Barr-Reeve in it. WOW that's a great line up.

Blue Chip is up for grabs between Barr-Reeve and South Knox with North Knox being a sleeper. Seen South Knox defeated North Knox on Tuesday 12/9. Great win for Mark and Mike. BR plays SK twice this season. They play each other opening night at GPB Classic in Odon over the holidays. Cant wait, should be a great Classic with Rock Creek, Brownstown, Clay City, South Knox and Barr-Reeve in it. WOW that's a great line up.

Blue Chip has another undefeated team so far in 5-0 Wood Memorial. 3 undefeateds in the SIAC Bosse, Central & Reitz and 3 in the Blue Chip Barr-Reeve, South Knox & Wood Memorial, None in the PAC or Big Eight.

Jasper follows up Fridays win with a nice win over a bnl team that may be better than their record indicates. Cats are off to a good start and have Been playing 9-10 players deep.too early to tell but the two games I have seen leave me optimistic about this team.

Reitz is going to be a tough team for anyone this year. They have nothing but pure athletes who can also play basketball very, very well. They go deep, too.

Gibson southern loses by 11 at evansville north, looked good at times, look lost at others. Work in progress. 0-2 to start the season, loses to Evansville central and north, open PAC play Friday night in Reo.

Edited by classbasketballsux

Don't know much about SS, so I'll give you what I've noticed about GS.

Guard heavy, with most of the inside play on two 6'4 and 6'5 players, one being a freshman. Still trying to gain confidence, a couple of the guards are lights out shooters with range, most of the paint points come off rebounds. This game is particularly interesting with Allen transferring from SS to GS, he will have something to prove as will SS.

SS beats GS by 11, this team is so frustrating, looks like they have it figured out for a few minutes, then look clueless for a few. The Stallings kid has some big time hops. Back to the drawing board for GS.

I may have to retract my former statement about GS winning several games this year, last night's home opener was a painful to watch 35 point drubbing to Castle. On a positive note the girls won.

I may have to retract my former statement about GS winning several games this year, last night's home opener was a painful to watch 35 point drubbing to Castle. On a positive note the girls won.

Titans are still in the mix for a wide open PAC only Southridge, South Spencer and Forest Park are without a loss in conference play and and 8 of the 9 teams have at least 2 losses overall with H Hills having one and that loss was to another PAC team.

Jekyll and Hyde with this GS boys team, followed a 35 point loss with a 30 point win. GS girls roll again.

Boys drop one to mt. Carmel by 7 finishing the toyota tourney 2-2, the girls go 3-1 losing to princeton in the championship by 22. GS boys finish 4th, girls runner up. Evansville Reitz win the boys, Princeton wins the girls, both dominated the whole tournament.

Doubt if you can get it in Vincennes but 100.9 WBDC has all of Southridge games.

Low scoring game. I tuned in at the half and it sounded like both teams were having a hard time scoring. Not sure if it was because of tough defense or shots just not falling ... or maybe both?

Patriots struggled last night at Washington and were beaten 55-39. I had the two leading scorers for the Patriots Schaefer and Collins a combined 8 of 31 shooting. One bright spot was point guard Sean Schaefer had a career high 10 points,

Titans crushed by evansville memorial last night, another slow start with no recovery. With the success GS has had in soccer, football, baseball... lately, it is sometimes painful to watch.

Washington beats GS tonight by a bunch, typical gene miiller coached team, fundamentally solid, physically strong, and tenacious on defense.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0