Sign in to follow this  
AlwaysACardinal

SWIAC 2014-2015

Stroke   

Park Tudor can be beat, but this is a whole different level than anything Linton has seen since Bowman Academy. As good as Bowman was, I think this Park Tudor team is probably better.

We'll need to minimize mistakes (really can't afford any turnovers), control the ball, and rebound defensively. Our transition defense will be huge. Margin for error will be slim to none.

Coach Hart will give his team the best chance to win. If we're able to execute it we may just have a shot.

I assumed they would keep Park Tudor close to Indy. IMO Richmond is a fantastic place but just too far off the beaten path to host a semi state. Been to Southport gym one time in 2011 when the Cougars played Indy Met. Great place. Enjoy and good luck to both Linton and Vincenness L.

Looks like Linton will have an uphill battle but they have some experience playing this type of team as they played Speedway and Bowman Acad. two years ago in their run to state.

Agreed, Coach Hart will have them ready and rely on his experience of playing these types of teams just a few years ago, BUT Linton doesn't have the horses they did a few years back. Will be interesting for sure.

Clay City has a chance but it sure looks like BR has turned it up a notch in tourney play. Destroyed their sectional opponents. Only saw the Wood game last Saturday but they looked very very focused. It's another level for Clay City and they will really have trouble guarding BR on the inside no matter what defense they choose to play. Man to man is mis match city and zone could work but rebounding would be a huge concern if they go that way. Maybe they will just try to out score BR. That is a tall task too as BR is locked in defensively as well. Not saying CC can't but it will take a huge effort. Coach E is a ND graduate and I will be pulling for him and his team. Best of luck to both SWIAC teams this weekend. It's a fun time of year for those still in the tourney for the whole community. Enjoy your time.

Edited by Spat Gninworb

Axman5   

Congratulations to linton! Park Tudor looks like a tall order but linton has some boys that will compete with a good coach. I am sure most are counting cc out at the semi state since BR is considered kings of the south in 1a. If you look back at the second half of last year's game at semi state I think bar reeve may have a little concern. I would hope they would not look past cc because cc is better than last year and from what I have seen BR is not quite as strong as last year. This may be closer than one thinks.

The thing about Coach Hart is he has opponents broke down to the T... especially if he has a second opportunity to play them. Problem is... how different is Park Tudor from this summer... I know the Miners have grown by leaps and bounds. Should be a great opportunity for the Miners... nobody outside of Miner City expected the Miners to beat Speedway a couple years ago.

As for Clay City, it will be a tough matchup... but a lot of it depends on how each team approaches the game. BR comes a little flat... CC believes they can win. CC could get off to a quick start and put BR in a rare situation .

The thing about Coach Hart is he has opponents broke down to the T... especially if he has a second opportunity to play them. Problem is... how different is Park Tudor from this summer... I know the Miners have grown by leaps and bounds. Should be a great opportunity for the Miners... nobody outside of Miner City expected the Miners to beat Speedway a couple years ago.

As for Clay City, it will be a tough matchup... but a lot of it depends on how each team approaches the game. BR comes a little flat... CC believes they can win. CC could get off to a quick start and put BR in a rare situation .

Agree on all points. It's why they play the game.

Who made all conference?

CC Cesinger Singer Denker Rogers. Linton AR, Witty. Eastern Creager, Shakamak Collins, 2 from NTH Central. Those are what I remember I know I forgot some. Van Sant and one other Bloomfielder also. Maybe the kid from Wrv. Think their were 15 probably another Linton kid and maybe another Shakamak kid.

Edited by Eel fan south grad

Congrats to the Miners glad AR played like a beast. Kid has come along way. HOW BOUT THEM EELS. Came out in the morning slow and flat. Tinley played excellent defense and had a good game plan until the baby face killer got free late and made them pay. Very lucky to have won very lucky. Second game all CC they just didn't want to go home. The boys on both ends played like a veteran team. Maybe the best game they played all year. Linton will have its hands full on Saturday for sure hope they can pull it off. CC playing with house money nothing to lose. If BR comes out flat and the Basketball gods are applicable CC could and will move on.

whynotus   

CC Cesinger Singer Denker Rogers. Linton AR, Witty. Eastern Creager, Shakamak Collins, 2 from NTH Central. Those are what I remember I know I forgot some.

where did you find that?

Curious   

Josh Dieball also made SWIAC team. Big question is..who will get POY? Should only come down to two. Singer and Robertson. I personally cant see Robertson not getting it. He does so much on both ends of the court. Granted, there have been a few games he hasn't performed well but the same can be said for both he and Singer. Good Luck to both CC and the Miners this weekend!! If the Miners keep playing the way they have been then I see them going to state. I know they are HUGE underdogs but they were a couple years ago as well when they faced Speedway.

Curious   

AROB also made the top 100 players in Indiana Basketball Magazine. Eel fan....you not a fan of the Miners??

Congrats to TS!! well deserved.

AROB made it also. And Jordan M from N Knox.

SWIAC banquet tonight.

I believe Arob deserves POY for the following:

-several double double games

-one triple double game

-set 2 new school records this season for blocks (game and season)

-MVP last week at regionals

-has dealt with being double/triple teamed all year. Which really isn't a stat, but does show teams plan for him

If there are others, please list accomplishments and make a case.

And finally....good luck to all the area teams at Semi State!!

AROB also made the top 100 players in Indiana Basketball Magazine. Eel fan....you not a fan of the Miners?

I'm a Swiac fan. I have admitted I've been critical of AR. He has come along way still has a ways to go. I enjoy watching the Miners, they play hard for each other and their coach. I didn't get a text about AR just Trevor so there you go. Edited by Eel fan south grad

I think most of the players in SWIAC have a "ways to go". Not to many that totally dominate and cannot improve there game in some form or another.

Andrew Scott also made it.

We shall see who gets POY very soon. Whoever gets it will deserve it. They have put in the work and sweat. Trevor's stats are pretty good also but you never know we all might be surprised by the POY for SWIAC play.

FWIW, 6'9" has come sooooooo far. He is undoubtedly the most improved player in the conference since the first game to now. Not only that, but he has more potential and room for improvement than any other senior in the conference.

As for POY... I don't think there is any doubt who the best player in the conference is today. However, some conference games were played in December...

Think of it like this... if you're playing a pickup game and have all SWIAC players lined up, I bet 99% of people on this board are taking the same guy :)

Edited by basketballjones

I'd be the one percent Jones no doubt about that and that's not a knock on AR . But a pick up game I'm taking shooters, quickness and not all CC players. I admit AR most likely POY well heck he is 6-9 and worked his butt off. But the other part of me is purple and Trevor has good stats also and his own intangibles. I also heard we all might be surprised in the end but that could just be someone in the know messing with me lol. Agreed AR has a lot of upside hope the young man gets a chance to get some school paid for someplace at some level. Maybe not all of it paid for but somebody could use him after its been stated he is 6-9. Good luck to AR and the Miners you have your hands full Saturday. By the way AR was impressive last weekend with a capital I.

Edited by Eel fan south grad

Axman5   

I will say arob takes poy. Sorry eel fan been around swiac awhile and thats just my prediction. One thing linton has going for them Saturday is there coach lives for these games. He will have them mentally prepared to do battle and compete. Hats off to coach hart, does a great job. It's nice to see a coach committed to his program on all levels!

I will say arob takes poy. Sorry eel fan been around swiac awhile and thats just my prediction. One thing linton has going for them Saturday is there coach lives for these games. He will have them mentally prepared to do battle and compete. Hats off to coach hart, does a great job. It's nice to see a coach committed to his program on all levels!

Agreed on a lot of what you said.

shooter1   

POY---is there a vote for this or is it the top vote getter at the coaches meeting? Is there an actual POY vote? Last I knew those results were not to leave that room, so technically there is no "POY

Someone above said singer got it...so I assume he was the top vote getter...

Sign in to follow this