Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EastCentralBreeze

Class A basketball polls as of 12/17

18 posts in this topic

These are my personal Indiana HS basketball polls as of 12/17/13 ---

1A

1. Michigan City Marquette (4-2) ----- Jan. 10 vs. Class 2A #3. Hammond Noll

2. Barr-Reeve (2-0) ----- Dec. 23 vs. Clay City (North Davies Classic)

3. Lafayette Central Catholic (3-1) ----- Jan. 4 @ McCutcheon

4. Indianapolis Tindley (4-0) ----- Jan. 2 vs. Class 4A #2 Columbus North (Bob Wettig Tournament)

5. Triton (3-1) ----- Jan. 3 @ Warsaw

6. Clay City (3-0) ----- Dec. 23 vs. Class A #1 Barr-Reeve (North Daviess Classic)

7. Liberty Christian (2-1) ----- Dec. 20 vs. Indianapolis Shortridge

8. Orleans (3-0) ----- Dec. 23 North Davies Classic (Includes Clay City & Barr-Reeve), Jan. 2 @ Barr-Reeve

9. Kouts (3-0) ----- Jan. 3 @ Lake Station

10. Covington (3-0) ----- Make-up game vs. Benton Central

--------------------------

11. Elkhart Christian

12. Greenwood Christian

13. Evansville Day

14. Tri-County

15. Culver

Edited by JBrees3

I didn't know that was the name of the tourney I always heard Garber Post thanks for the info. Going to be a great tourney and a heck of a game right out of the gate. Pretty good list.

I didn't know that was the name of the tourney I always heard Garber Post thanks for the info. Going to be a great tourney and a heck of a game right out of the gate. Pretty good list.

It's "Graber" dude, not Garber

Sorry for the spelling error and the run on sentences, I'm so glad you caught that tankhs dude oops, I did it again.

I'd say that is a pretty accurate line-up Jbrees. What the difference for you in Bar Reeve and Marqutte? is it just that they have only played 2 games? Also, I noticed Bar-Reeve is 308 overall and CC is 102 overall.

If you look at Marquette Catholic schedule, their first two losses of the season came from Rockridge, Illinois (who is the #1 ranked team in Illinois 2A), and Peoria Manual (from Illinois) who is ranked #5 in Illinois Class 3A. I usually go easy on losses to ranked teams. They are no other 1A schools on their schedule, and I'm big on tough schedules, not that Barr-Reeve is super light by any means. I think those Sagarin ratings will even out a little bit more in the weeks to come. MCC is led by 6'8 Providence recruit Ryan Fazekas. These things are fun to debate. This is just my personal #1 team in Class A. But-- the team that is usually a thorn in everyone's side is none other than Lafayette Central Catholic. Nobody should ever take that team lightly.

Thanks for the compliment jbrees. I like your analysis. It has to be a mistake cause when I looked up bar reeve it said they were ranked 63 in class A. I was confused by that. I would have to do some more research, but I think anyone in the top 3 are all debatable #1 for different reasons. That's what I like about rankings, It's fun to debate! what really matters is who the last one standing is! I predict an exciting season ahead.

FYI - January 5th will be the day for me. I look to that date to have a firm grasp on the 2A and 1A rankings.

Triton, Borden, and Orleans all seem to be hiding something to me. I have my doubts about all those teams, and I am almost certain they are overrated.

FYI - January 5th will be the day for me. I look to that date to have a firm grasp on the 2A and 1A rankings.

Triton, Borden, and Orleans all seem to be hiding something to me. I have my doubts about all those teams, and I am almost certain they are overrated.

Triton is definitely overrated! There is a real good chance that the Trojans could lose their next 6 games (all road games) and be 4-7 headed into the second half of the season.

I shouldn't have said "hiding" something. I think the word is "masking". My thoughts were that those teams were riding on the success of last season. What that really tells me is that the Associated Press (or whoever votes) only looks at Wins and Losses, which is silly. I think you need to get into the guts of a team. But at the same time, I think everyone deserves a chance to get some recognition for their school. It is COOL to see your school in the Top 10, regardless if they are beating the states top programs or not. Winning is still a good thing, and they are kids, so people like me should lighten up a bit.

Would you go as far to say that Culver is the team to beat in Sectional 51, or do you think that Triton is the favorite for the Sectional crown?

Triton is definitely overrated! There is a real good chance that the Trojans could lose their next 6 games (all road games) and be 4-7 headed into the second half of the season.

I'd say we are a little high at #4 in 1A right now, but having seen us play a few games, I now believe the potential is there for a 16-17 win season and a sectional. The next 6 games will be very difficult (and would be a tough stretch for ANYONE ranked in the top 10 of 1A, including any of our state finalist teams at Triton). It's not so much the records of the teams we're playing as the circumstances. All on the road, all in hostile environments.

@ New Prairie - They have beat Valpo, and N.P. is always a difficult place to get a win. (5 on 8)

@ Warsaw - Warsaw is down, but it's still Warsaw. Also, the 5 on 8 applies here, too.

@ Elkhart Christian - EC is loaded this year, they got back Cory Waycaster, who transferred to Jimtown late last season. Together with Ryan Kupferschmid, EC could have two 1,000 pt scorers on the floor by season's end. Have already beaten Mishawaka and Elkhart Memorial. Bandbox gym. Possible regional opponent.

@ John Glenn - Conference game and another team that has been well-tested. Deceiving record.

@ Culver - Honestly, I feel this to be the easiest game of the 6. But stll not easy.

@ New Prairie - Back at N.P. for Round 1 of the Bi-County tourney. Would not be surprised if we lose this one at all. Even though it's the Bi-county, the most meaningless of the 6.

I don't think Triton will lose all 6, 3-3 is likely. Culver will be tough to beat in sectional, but not tougher than Marquette the last two years. Not sure who is the "favorite". Way too much season yet to play.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0