3. Borden (1) 2-0 224 3

4. Triton 1-0 216 6

5. Kouts (2) 2-0 199 9

6. Liberty Christian (1) 2-0 155 8

7. Waldron 1-0 124 10

8. Michigan City Marquette 1-2 118 4

9. Tindley 2-0 62 NR

10. Pioneer 0-1 55 5

Others receiving votes: Orleans 44. Clay City 42. Rockville 33. Rossville 31. Morgan Twp. 29. Ev. Day 25. Loogootee 23. N. Daviess 21. Bethany Christian (1) 20. S. Central (LaPorte) 14. Ft. Wayne Blackhawk 10. Lakewood Park 9. Covington 8. Rock Creek Academy 8. Wes-Del 8. Dubois 8. Tecumseh 6.

This is no longer pre-season Cool Breeze - Evansville Day and Clay City should be in the Top 10 that is for sure, but Michigan City Marquette should probably top the list. As of right now- I have...

1. Michigan City Marquette

2. Barr-Reeve

3. Lafayette Central Catholic

4. Liberty Christian

5. Kouts

6. Indianapolis Tindley

7. Evansville Day

8. Clay City

9. Greenwood Christian

10. Borden

I agree brees that Michigan City Marquette is number 1 and thanks from my Eels they very seldom get any love. Big game 12/23 at Garber Post BR/CC its going to be a good one guys.

I honestly think Clay City will get back to the Regional final and win it. I think it could very well be a repeat of last years matchup vs. Jac-Cen-Del, but this time I think Clay City will move on.

Thanks we are a pretty good basketball team that is a blast to watch, our boys like to shoot the ball that for sure. I would like to see a rematch from last year, we played very poorly and ran into a great game plan and got beat, hope to get another chance this year.

And I think Borden will eventually fall out and Gary 21st Century will make it's way in. It is tough to note that 3 of these teams are in the same sectional... Michigan City Marquette, Kouts, and Gary 21st Century. So- come sectional time only one will stand. Also, I should have had Greenwood Christian above Evansville Day.

Greenwood Christian defeated Liberty Christian last night 79-69. Greenwood is insanely underrated. My incredibly early prediction is that GCS will win Sectional 59 and then face off against my predicted Sectional 58 winner- Indianapolis Tindley.

Two other teams to watch in the north - Elkhart Christian and Triton. Both beat 4A schools last night (Elkhart Memorial and Plymouth). It's early and that doesn't mean a lot, but you might want to keep an eye on them.

With Triton losing 6'6" Clay Yeo, it is hard to see them recovering and having equal success as last season. However, I think they can still win their Sectional (#51). Elkhart Christian will have to do far more to gain any recognition. They are in a much tougher Sectional (#52) than Triton that contains the likes of Ft. Wayne Blackhawk and Lakewood Park. I think there are a lot of people (including myself) keeping an eye on Triton, that is for sure.

Covington will be in the top 10 within the next 2 weeks. Lafayette Central Catholic and Covington are set on a collision coarse in the Sectional.

Edited by Covspring

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0