Head Coach

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Loogootee
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Fan

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:36 PM

Saw this is on Loogootee's '12-'13 schedule this season. We have dropped Valley and Pike Central, to accomidate. I've heard anywhere from 6-8 teams in this one. Anyone on here know the lineup?

#2 Blue Chip

Blue Chip

Junior Varsity

• Junior Varsity
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • W. Lafayette
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Fan

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:43 PM

Is this a Trny over Christmas break? They (Valley) were having a trny early in the season. The Lions would surely not drop their own trny.

#3 Lagote74

Lagote74

Head Coach

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Loogootee
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Fan

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:05 PM

Is this a Trny over Christmas break? They (Valley) were having a trny early in the season. The Lions would surely not drop their own trny.

It's 12/28 and 12/29. I heard it's possible to play 2 or 3 games per day.

Edited by Lagote74, 24 July 2012 - 12:09 PM.

#4 Lagote74

Lagote74

Head Coach

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Loogootee
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Fan

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:28 PM

It's 12/28 and 12/29. I heard it's possible to play 2 or 3 games per day.

A good friend gave me the schedule:
12/28, 2pm- Loogootee vs. Springs Valley, 3:45 -West Washington vs. Trinity Lutheran
5:30p-Loogootee vs. Lanesville, 7:15p- Trinity Lutheran vs. Milan.

12/29, 9:30am- Springs Valley vs. Milan, 12:15p West Washington vs. Milan.
4p-Pool A#3 vs. Pool B#3., 6:15p Pool A#2 vs. Pool B#2.
8pm- Championship game.

My understanding this is a one year deal for Loogootee, so they will be looking to pick up another tournament. I think we should try to get into the Vincennes tourney or Gibson County Classic. Thats my two cents worth.

#5 Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones

Indiana All-Star

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Bloomfield
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Alumni

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:05 AM

I think Loogootee would do well in the Wabash Valley Classic.

#6 GOBR

GOBR

Frosh Coach

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Barr-Reeve
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Fan

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:44 AM

A good friend gave me the schedule:
12/28, 2pm- Loogootee vs. Springs Valley, 3:45 -West Washington vs. Trinity Lutheran
5:30p-Loogootee vs. Lanesville, 7:15p- Trinity Lutheran vs. Milan.

12/29, 9:30am- Springs Valley vs. Milan, 12:15p West Washington vs. Milan.
4p-Pool A#3 vs. Pool B#3., 6:15p Pool A#2 vs. Pool B#2.
8pm- Championship game.

My understanding this is a one year deal for Loogootee, so they will be looking to pick up another tournament. I think we should try to get into the Vincennes tourney or Gibson County Classic. Thats my two cents worth.

So does this mean no more 'Tribune Classic' at Loogootee? Or are you allowed to play in more than 1 tourney?
Dream dreams of things that have never been and ask Why not?

#7 Lagote74

Lagote74

Head Coach

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Loogootee
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Fan

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:22 PM

I think Loogootee would do well in the Wabash Valley Classic.

I would love that too! As I have family in Terre Haute, but it could mean 4 straight round trips to Terre Haute, that could get expensive, but like I said I have been to many of these and its a well ran tournament.
For some of you young bucks on here there was an old "Wabash Valley Tournament", that ran from 1916-1972, In it's hayday it had 125 teams in it. They used to have 16 prelims(sectionals) with 5-8 teams each, played in western Indiana and eastern Illinios. then they'd have regional tournaments with 4 teams each and final four would play out at old ISU arena. Loogootee Lions went to a couple final 4's, but Loogootee St. John's had alot of success in that tournament, winning it in 1964, when 66 teams competed, defeating Attica in final game, next season they beat TH State high in semi's than lost close game to Attica in final, I was there for all that.
Also in 1964 when St. John's Eagles returned to Loogootee they had a bonfire right down town as they did in '61 and '62 when Lions won sectional. Lions won sectional in '64 over highly favored Shoals, yes Howard Pratt led Shoals was 23-1 when Loogootee upset them in sectional and Pratt went on to play for Evansville Aces.
Sorry my trip down memory lane..can't help myself haha

Edited by Lagote74, 25 July 2012 - 12:25 PM.

#8 Lagote74

Lagote74

Head Coach

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Loogootee
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Fan

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:27 PM

So does this mean no more 'Tribune Classic' at Loogootee? Or are you allowed to play in more than 1 tourney?

No Tribune Classic will remain, we have dropped Pike Central off of schedule as well as Springs Valley. So '13-'14, we'll need a tourney be part of an additional tournament.

#9 Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones

Indiana All-Star

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Bloomfield
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Alumni

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:48 AM

I would love that too! As I have family in Terre Haute, but it could mean 4 straight round trips to Terre Haute, that could get expensive, but like I said I have been to many of these and its a well ran tournament.
For some of you young bucks on here there was an old "Wabash Valley Tournament", that ran from 1916-1972, In it's hayday it had 125 teams in it. They used to have 16 prelims(sectionals) with 5-8 teams each, played in western Indiana and eastern Illinios. then they'd have regional tournaments with 4 teams each and final four would play out at old ISU arena. Loogootee Lions went to a couple final 4's, but Loogootee St. John's had alot of success in that tournament, winning it in 1964, when 66 teams competed, defeating Attica in final game, next season they beat TH State high in semi's than lost close game to Attica in final, I was there for all that.
Also in 1964 when St. John's Eagles returned to Loogootee they had a bonfire right down town as they did in '61 and '62 when Lions won sectional. Lions won sectional in '64 over highly favored Shoals, yes Howard Pratt led Shoals was 23-1 when Loogootee upset them in sectional and Pratt went on to play for Evansville Aces.
Sorry my trip down memory lane..can't help myself haha

I've heard a lot of stories of the old Wabash Valley Tourney. I know Bloomfield had a lot of success when they played in it. I was told in its hey day that the tournament rivaled the IHSAA tourney.

#10 Lagote74

Lagote74

Head Coach

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Loogootee
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Fan

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:02 PM

I've heard a lot of stories of the old Wabash Valley Tourney. I know Bloomfield had a lot of success when they played in it. I was told in its hey day that the tournament rivaled the IHSAA tourney.

It sure did. Bloomfield had alot of success, I was looking at my book on History of old Wabash Valley tourney and yes Bloomfield was always advancing deep in that tournament, I was ran by the Terre Haute Tribune-Star in those days. Switz City, Odon and Sullivan were using hosting prelims and regional round of tournament, with final four always old ISU Arena. It seemed that it held about 4500. One of the biggest travisty's of all time was when North Daviess school system let the old Odon gym fall into disrepair, that was a great gym, never made any since let that happen.

Edited by Lagote74, 26 July 2012 - 02:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users