Indiana All-Star

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Vincennes
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Alumni

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:27 AM

I know Vincennes and Loogootee are being mentioned as being strong again. Any others expecting a big year in basketball in these conferences? Do Princeton and Washington and Barr Reeve have many returning starters? How about Rivet ?

Nicholas

Vincennes

71 Sectional Titles
19 Regional Titles
4 Semi State Titles
2 State Titles

#2 taps browning

taps browning

Athletic Director

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts
  • Barr-Reeve
  • Washington
  • Fan

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:54 AM

I know Vincennes and Loogootee are being mentioned as being strong again. Any others expecting a big year in basketball in these conferences? Do Princeton and Washington and Barr Reeve have many returning starters? How about Rivet ?

Washington will struggle. We all know they have a good coach, but just really don't have 3A level talent. You saw how they did after Ervin went down last year. Expect more of the same.

I like Barr-Reeve. They lack varsity experience, but they have size, and they have some shooters and also some scorers. If Micah Bullock and Jacob Bledsoe can develop a good understanding of the game and how to use their talents to the maximum then BR can be as good as anybody in 1A. It would also behoove Addison Wagler, their outstanding sophmore center, to be able to move out on the floor and drill jump shots. He has the ability to do that, I believe. If he can consistently make those shots then guarding the Vikings is going to be very difficult. The Vikings may have some chemistry problems early because their best offensive team is not the same as their best defensive team. Finding the optimum combination may prove challenging. Since we are talking about conference here I would say the BR and Loogootee is almost a push as to who is the favorite, because the head to head game is at Kavanaugh Kourt this year. If Mathias for Loogootee is able to up his game a level and if Conner Wittmer is able to maintain/improve his game and cardiovascular fitness then maybe the edge goes to the Lions - but it certainly isn't a lock for them.

As for Rivet, they have some physical talent but really did not use it to play good basketball last year. I think they have a chance to be decent, but don't see them as a conference contender. South Knox will be a little young, but I see them as improved and just a year or two from being really solid. Dubois will be a tough out in the conference, as they usually are.

#3 Dave Mosbey

Dave Mosbey

Athletic Director

• Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts
  • Interests:Playing Disc Golf and Watching sports.
  • Heritage Hills
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Fan

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:12 PM

Heritage Hills played 5 Big Eight teams last year and I was able to find rosters from 4 of the 5 the Pats played the exception was Princeton, HH didn't play Mount Vernon or Mount Carmell. Not sure how many seniors started but below are the losses to gratuation from 4 of the Big Eight teams.

Washington only had one Senior last year Ervin and would have returned everyone else if not for the tragic loss of their point guard and a student manager this past spring. You never know how a loss like that will affect the players.

Vincennes had 6 Seniors Goodwin, Klumpp, Claycomb, Nowaskie, Stutzman, and Shots.

Jasper had 7 Seniors ( Their best player) Begle, Rohleder, Bies, Bawel, Mundy,Nixon and Wohlberg.

Boonville had 5 seniors Dupps, Mockobee, Wynn, Morris and Votz.

Only Blue Chip team HH played was Dubois and the Jeeps return 3 point threat Huebner but lose Gordon and 3 other Seniors.

Heritage Hills Basketball
@davidm1983
All-time record 532-414
PAC titles 14
Sectional titles 9
Heritage Hills Girls Sectional titles 4

#4 Tigertail

Tigertail

Frosh Coach

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Princeton
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Fan

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:59 PM

I think Princeton will be improved over last year, but will not be able to content with Jasper or Lincoln for the title. They have 3 starters back and a decent group of kids from the Junior Varsity, but nonetheless will be overmatched by teams with more experience and height. I can see a winning record and finishing someone near the middle of the Big Eight.

#5 GaHoosier

GaHoosier

Indiana All-Star

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Vincennes
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Alumni

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:24 AM

I think Princeton will be improved over last year, but will not be able to content with Jasper or Lincoln for the title. They have 3 starters back and a decent group of kids from the Junior Varsity, but nonetheless will be overmatched by teams with more experience and height. I can see a winning record and finishing someone near the middle of the Big Eight.

Have you seen Princeton's new arena? Any pics of it?

Nicholas

Vincennes

71 Sectional Titles
19 Regional Titles
4 Semi State Titles
2 State Titles

#6 TigerFire

TigerFire

Varsity

• Varsity
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Princeton
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Fan

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:30 AM

Have you seen Princeton's new arena? Any pics of it?

The new Princeton Community High School held open house yesterday. A large number of people showed up to view the new school, and I must say I am very impressed. I had been in the school a couple times before completion, but this was the first since it has been done. I think they really hit a homerun with the school, great classroom space, awesome computer technology, and very open feel to the school. Here is a link to a news story My link . The link includes video from the new gym, classrooms, and auditorium.

Only questiion was Principal Abbey said in the news article that the seating capacity was 4800 for the gym, but inside the gym it was posted 5200 max seating. The old middle school gym held 4200. One other thing I think other Big 8 and Southern Indiana schools will like is there is a tremendous amount of parking around the gym, much better than the old MS gym with parking on the street only. The gym is also very fan friendly with concessions and restrooms on both levels, as well as a elevator between levels. The steps have very low rise and handles so older folks should have no trouble with the steps. You can walk in from street level to the upper or lower level depending on which entrance you go in, which is great for my dad who can't do stairs too well at 87 years old, but loves Tiger basketball. Hope you all get a chance to view a game at Princeton this year, it is very a nice complement to the community and everyone involved.

Edited by TigerFire, 29 July 2012 - 07:59 AM.

#7 Tigertail

Tigertail

Frosh Coach

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Princeton
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Fan

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:07 PM

The new Princeton Community High School held open house yesterday. A large number of people showed up to view the new school, and I must say I am very impressed. I had been in the school a couple times before completion, but this was the first since it has been done. I think they really hit a homerun with the school, great classroom space, awesome computer technology, and very open feel to the school. Here is a link to a news story My link . The link includes video from the new gym, classrooms, and auditorium.

Only questiion was Principal Abbey said in the news article that the seating capacity was 4800 for the gym, but inside the gym it was posted 5200 max seating. The old middle school gym held 4200. One other thing I think other Big 8 and Southern Indiana schools will like is there is a tremendous amount of parking around the gym, much better than the old MS gym with parking on the street only. The gym is also very fan friendly with concessions and restrooms on both levels, as well as a elevator between levels. The steps have very low rise and handles so older folks should have no trouble with the steps. You can walk in from street level to the upper or lower level depending on which entrance you go in, which is great for my dad who can't do stairs too well at 87 years old, but loves Tiger basketball. Hope you all get a chance to view a game at Princeton this year, it is very a nice complement to the community and everyone involved.

I attended the open house on Sat. as well, and initially was very impressed by the new gym, as you said it offers so much that the old middle school gym did not (better concessions, restrooms, cleaner, etc.) I was VERY disappointed however with some of the seating. The seats on the end have HORRIBLE views of the court. In fact you can't even see the free throw lane as the walkway in front of the seating is so wide it blocks your view. not sure if the bleachers can be moved forward to allow for a better view, but if not, there are going to be some very unhappy fans if they have to sit on the end, as they will literally only see about 2/3 of the court. Otherwise the school is a huge improvement over the old high school and the gym as I mentioned looks very nice. I hope they can figure out something about how to fix the seating on the end, otherwise no one will likely ever sit there. It will be nice however to welcome all the visitors to the new Tiger Arena, I hope they enjoy it as well.

#8 TigerFire

TigerFire

Varsity

• Varsity
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Princeton
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Fan

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:23 AM

I attended the open house on Sat. as well, and initially was very impressed by the new gym, as you said it offers so much that the old middle school gym did not (better concessions, restrooms, cleaner, etc.) I was VERY disappointed however with some of the seating. The seats on the end have HORRIBLE views of the court. In fact you can't even see the free throw lane as the walkway in front of the seating is so wide it blocks your view. not sure if the bleachers can be moved forward to allow for a better view, but if not, there are going to be some very unhappy fans if they have to sit on the end, as they will literally only see about 2/3 of the court. Otherwise the school is a huge improvement over the old high school and the gym as I mentioned looks very nice. I hope they can figure out something about how to fix the seating on the end, otherwise no one will likely ever sit there. It will be nice however to welcome all the visitors to the new Tiger Arena, I hope they enjoy it as well.

I didn't sit on the end bleachers to check out the views from there. I know the views are a bit limited for the bottom 3-4 rows of bleachers on the sides. I wondered if the end bleacher would only be deployed for sectional or expected sell out games?? Regardless I it seems someone would have checked that view out prior to now. Maybe they are gonna use the end bleacher for the pep band?? Just a thought?? Maybe I should come up with some type of barrier to replace the steel pipe to use for ultimate safety, but allow for seemless views of the floor...like hockey arena glass.

Here is a pic from about 6 rows up on the southeast end of the gym http://<a%20href=Posted Image">

Edited by TigerFire, 31 July 2012 - 09:24 AM.

#9 Tigertail

Tigertail

Frosh Coach

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Princeton
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Fan

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:33 PM

Yeah the views from the pic you have are fine, in fact I went around the entire gym to see what the views would be, as I have always liked sitting on the end, beneath the basket. I will say this, the views on the end aren't just "limited" as you noted but they are practically nonexistent. I sat on the very bottom row and I could only see the three point line on that end, could not see any of the foul line, so there is no way you would be able to see the game from there (at least not well), so I moved to the very top row and that's when I could see the foul line, but nothing below it. The BEST seat on the end, which is the top row you were only able to see just the foul line to center court. That is a huge secion of seating as well, so even if the band sit there which makes up maybe 30 members, it would be virtually entirely empty. It's just VERY poor planning in my opinion and I can't imagine why someone did not notice this prior to the completion of the gym. It's funny because there were several people who noticed as well as myself and they were also laughing at the lack of planning. Otherwise the seating looks fine and as I mentioned the gym is impressive and an improvement over the middle school gym. I think the problem will be if and when Princeton hosts the sectional again, I could see some fans from other schools complaining if they were placed on the end or forced to sit there to watch the game. I would complain too. I think it may hurt Princeton's chances of getting a secional again once other schools are aware of the seating. In any case don't wanna complain about the improved gym, it just seems that someone would have noticed during the 2 years that it took to build the school and gym that the seating on the end was completely obstructed by the walkway.

Edited by Tigertail, 31 July 2012 - 05:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users