Athletic Director

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • T.C Howe Academy
  • Union County
  • Fan

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:45 PM

Indianapolis Howe will participate in the Vincennes Lincoin Holiday Tournament this season. Does anyone know which other teams are included in this tournament?

#2 Rade Butcher 25

Rade Butcher 25

JV Coach

• Detention
  • 337 posts
  • North Judson
  • Winamac
  • Fan

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:10 AM

this might be a new holiday tourney... i looked on ihsaa.org at their schedule and the in-season schedule from last year and it doesn't have them playing in one.

#3 Howe

Howe

Athletic Director

• Indiana All-Star
  • 1,752 posts
  • T.C Howe Academy
  • Union County
  • Fan

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:57 AM

It appears the Vincennes Holiday Tournament is new and will run from December 27 through Decenber 29. The organizers are paying several hundred dollars to participating teams, which indicates they're expecting significant attendance and revenue.

#4 Lagote74

Lagote74

Head Coach

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Loogootee
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Fan

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:26 PM

It appears the Vincennes Holiday Tournament is new and will run from December 27 through Decenber 29. The organizers are paying several hundred dollars to participating teams, which indicates they're expecting significant attendance and revenue.

I think i'm correct in saying there will be 8 teams in this tournament. Not sure of format but popular one going around is two pools of four teams, then last day is trophy day so to speak.

#5 Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones

Indiana All-Star

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Bloomfield
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Alumni

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:10 AM

Did Vincennes Lincoln used to host a holiday tourney? I seem to recall Bloomfield playing in one when I was younger.

#6 greene72

greene72

Varsity

• Varsity
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Bloomfield
  • White River
  • Coach

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:43 AM

Coach Brett took a few teams to the Lincoln tourney. Bloomfield played Bosse in it one year. Not sure who else was in it.

I have heard that the new Vincennes tourney will include Rivet, Day School, a couple teams from Kentucky and a couple Indy schools (Howe and Tindley I think). I would like to have seen WRV get in this tourney.

#7 Howe

Howe

Athletic Director

• Indiana All-Star
  • 1,752 posts
  • T.C Howe Academy
  • Union County
  • Fan

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:08 PM

Howe lost a considerble degree of talent due to transfer for the upcoming season..

6'9" Malik Fisher transferred to Broad Ripple
6'3" Tyler Alexander transferred tp Northwest
6'4" Raymond Epps transferred to Warren Central
6'0" Ralph Germany transferred to Washington
5'9" Kellen Johnson transferred to Scecina

Hoiwe will still field a formidable team. Their coach is a former D1 player and professional basketball player in Europe, He teaches accountability and fundamentals and the Hornets are very athletic. I'm anxious to see how well they compete in this.tournament.

#8 taps browning

taps browning

Athletic Director

• Indiana All-Star
  • 1,665 posts
  • Barr-Reeve
  • Washington
  • Fan

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:11 PM

Howe lost a considerble degree of talent due to transfer for the upcoming season..

6'9" Malik Fisher transferred to Broad Ripple
6'3" Tyler Alexander transferred tp Northwest
6'4" Raymond Epps transferred to Warren Central
6'0" Ralph Germany transferred to Washington
5'9" Kellen Johnson transferred to Scecina

Hoiwe will still field a formidable team. Their coach is a former D1 player and professional basketball player in Europe, He teaches accountability and fundamentals and the Hornets are very athletic. I'm anxious to see how well they compete in this.tournament.

I would think they would do OK. You are probably familar with Tindley. Rivet and Day will be fairly average class A teams. Kentucky teams usually struggle against Indiana teams. On the other hand Vincennes will be good. They lost some players but return most of the team that really outplayed Evansville Bosse in a tough 3A Regional loss last year.

#9 Lagote74

Lagote74

Head Coach

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Loogootee
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Fan

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:07 PM

Did Vincennes Lincoln used to host a holiday tourney? I seem to recall Bloomfield playing in one when I was younger.

In 1975-76, Lincoln hosted a tournament at Adams Coliseum, it was Vincennes Lincoln vs. Turkey Run and Loogootee vs. Munster. Lincoln and Monster won the semifinals and Loogootee defeated Turkey run in consolation game and Lincoln beat Munster for title.

#10 Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones

Indiana All-Star

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Bloomfield
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Alumni

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:04 AM

In 1975-76, Lincoln hosted a tournament at Adams Coliseum, it was Vincennes Lincoln vs. Turkey Run and Loogootee vs. Munster. Lincoln and Monster won the semifinals and Loogootee defeated Turkey run in consolation game and Lincoln beat Munster for title.

Definitely not it. I'm thinking late 80's, early 90's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users