Athletic Director

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts
  • Barr-Reeve
  • Washington
  • Fan

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:18 AM

Anyone have any reports to share? I know there have been several tourneys. I'm especially interested in Loogootee, North Daviess, Barr-Reeve, and Washington - and also any IU recruits/targets, but any reports would be greatly appreciated.

#2 Mustafa

Mustafa

Varsity

• Varsity
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Barr-Reeve
  • Washington
  • Fan

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:42 AM

Barr Reeve won the Super Hoops Team Camp Varsity "B" tournament a few weeks back. Also the JV won the JV "B" Camp while freshman finished 2nd in thier camp, I believe. Think the "B" camp was for the 1A and 2A schools. As for that, havent heard much except for little bits and pieces here and there.

Edited by Mustafa, 11 July 2012 - 07:42 AM.

#3 taps browning

taps browning

Athletic Director

• Indiana All-Star
  • 1,665 posts
  • Barr-Reeve
  • Washington
  • Fan

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:26 AM

Barr Reeve won the Super Hoops Team Camp Varsity "B" tournament a few weeks back. Also the JV won the JV "B" Camp while freshman finished 2nd in thier camp, I believe. Think the "B" camp was for the 1A and 2A schools. As for that, havent heard much except for little bits and pieces here and there.

Thanks. That sounds pretty impressive - do you know any of the teams that they defeated?

#4 Mustafa

Mustafa

Varsity

• Varsity
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Barr-Reeve
  • Washington
  • Fan

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:35 PM

Dont have a clue who they played in the brackets but listed below is the teams that were at the camp.

http://www.superhoop...une 29-2012.pdf

#5 Dave Mosbey

Dave Mosbey

Athletic Director

• Admins
  • 2,454 posts
  • Interests:Playing Disc Golf and Watching sports.
  • Heritage Hills
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Fan

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:57 PM

I emailed the Heritage Hills coach to see how the Patriots did in Summer ball and was told they went 6-7 at Fort Wayne where they played severial 4A schools plus solid programs like Batesville & Providence and 9-1 at Forest Park with the only loss coming at the hands of Vincennes.

15-8 overall these players are winners and most played on Heritage Hills school record 19-1 JV team last season hopefully next seasson will be the start of better times at HH the team will most likely be all Juniors and Sophs.

Heritage Hills Basketball
@davidm1983
All-time record 532-414
PAC titles 14
Sectional titles 9
Heritage Hills Girls Sectional titles 4

#6 taps browning

taps browning

Athletic Director

• Indiana All-Star
  • 1,665 posts
  • Barr-Reeve
  • Washington
  • Fan

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:18 AM

I emailed the Heritage Hills coach to see how the Patriots did in Summer ball and was told they went 6-7 at Fort Wayne where they played severial 4A schools plus solid programs like Batesville & Providence and 9-1 at Forest Park with the only loss coming at the hands of Vincennes.

15-8 overall these players are winners and most played on Heritage Hills school record 19-1 JV team last season hopefully next seasson will be the start of better times at HH the team will most likely be all Juniors and Sophs.

Thanks. I look for Vincennes to be really strong, so that is pretty impressive.

#7 Mustafa

Mustafa

Varsity

• Varsity
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Barr-Reeve
  • Washington
  • Fan

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:41 AM

Not a strong program anymore but Washington Catholic has found their new coach. <BR><BR>John Howell will take over the reigns as Head Boys basketball Coach and as Athletic Director. <BR>Think he coached their back in 2001-2002. <BR><BR>Still nothing on the street about who will take over the girls program.

Edited by Mustafa, 12 July 2012 - 08:43 AM.

#8 ziggy stardust

ziggy stardust

Freshman

• Freshman
  • 5 posts
  • Barr-Reeve
  • Valparaiso
  • Fan

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:55 PM

Not a strong program anymore but Washington Catholic has found their new coach. <BR><BR>John Howell will take over the reigns as Head Boys basketball Coach and as Athletic Director. <BR>Think he coached their back in 2001-2002. <BR><BR>Still nothing on the street about who will take over the girls program.

What is Howell's motivation in returning to WC with their program in the state it is in?

#9 Mustafa

Mustafa

Varsity

• Varsity
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Barr-Reeve
  • Washington
  • Fan

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:29 AM

What is Howell's motivation in returning to WC with their program in the state it is in?

No clue, but think he wanted the job back when they hired the Pontius guy. Think i remember something about his wife wanting to be back in Washington and closer to family. Dont know how many applicants they had for it but wouldnt expect too many for a program that hasnt won a sectional game in 11 years and has kept the last coaches for a average of 2 years..

Edited by Mustafa, 17 July 2012 - 09:17 AM.

#10 GOBR

GOBR

Frosh Coach

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Barr-Reeve
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Fan

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:15 AM

Thanks. That sounds pretty impressive - do you know any of the teams that they defeated?

Thanks Mustafa for posting the link.

and Taps, BR defeated Noblesville #2, Eastern Hancock, Valporaiso #2, Penn #2, North Miami, Christian Academy, & Bremen. Their only loss in pool play came in their game against Triton. If memory serves me correctly it ended up being a 3 point game in a fairly low scoring contest (34-31).
BR did not play Northeast Dubois, Orleans, Crawford County, Portage #2, and Hagerstown in pool play.

I do not remember who all they played in their tourney games on Sunday other than they opened with Noblesville, which was a very close game and they did beat Orleans in the tourney as well. They did not get a chance to play Triton again as they were defeated by Dubois. Dubois then fell to Hagerstown, whom BR beat in the final game.

Triton has a tall (6'5"??), slender, blonde haired kid that is very good! Orleans appears to have a host of 3 point shooters, even tho Jones was still out with injury, and I didn't see Andrew Johnson the whole weekend. Perhaps he had other comittments as I didn't think he was a senior last season??

Personally I thought BR looked very well considering they are looking to replace 4 starters. Obviously, I know its summer but BR did get a chance to play lots of different combinations in game situations and were able to play against a variety of styles of basketball. BR appeared to be much stronger physically, in both varsity & JV, then they were at this time last season. Its summer!!, so while I know a lot of what happens now means nothing there were a number of things taken from the summer tourneys that show a lot of promise for the Vikings.
Dream dreams of things that have never been and ask Why not?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users