Head Coach

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Barr-Reeve
  • North Daviess
  • Fan

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:58 AM

Why doesn't Loogootee manup and start playing football. The same can be said to South Knox, Bloomfield, and NE Dubois.
Don't tell me it costs too much. Dugger plays and they only have 125 students.

I would say that if enough of the citizens in Loogootee want to see football implemented, it will be. Evidently there aren't enough football fans in Loogootee to pressure the decision makers @ LHS. I will say that football is expensive and most times unless you have the student enrollment to support both football and basketball comfortably, it can damage both programs and a school ends up not being able to excel in either sport. You use Dugger as an example. Have not both their football and basketball programs suffered tremendously for years? JMHO

#42 Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones

Indiana All-Star

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Bloomfield
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Alumni

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:55 AM

Why doesn't Loogootee manup and start playing football. The same can be said to South Knox, Bloomfield, and NE Dubois.

I'm sure if you want to donate the money to Bloomfield to buy the land and build a football stadium they would be happy to add football.

Dugger has had football for years and there have been a few years lately that they have barely had enough kids to field a team.

#43 Lagote74

Lagote74

Head Coach

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Loogootee
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Fan

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:51 AM

Word is that the IHSAA is doing this due to all of the 'lawbreakers' ie...private schools who are openly recruiting. IF that is the case (but will never get any of the idiots at the IHSAA to admit), then it is even worse than what was initially thought. So, we have a sudden influx of private schools, they are recruiting left and right, whooping up on those schools who are abiding by the rules. IHSAA decides something must be done but the obvious, which is to punish/reprimand the offenders, is too toxic in light of the fact that most (not all) offenders bring a racial aspect into the mix. Sooooooo...the IHSAA whooses out and decides to PUNISH, yes, punish sports in general and ALL who participate rather than ONLY those who have 'illegally' and 'knowingly' designed teams w/massive talent while breaking every rule imaginable to do so creating the mess in the first place. Geezzzzzzzzzzzz...is there absolutely NO backbone left in anyone or any entity to do what most would consider the obvious and FAIR thing to do? I honestly do not think so. My word to the IHSAA is this: Go ahead, ruin sports at the high school level, watch the proceeds even further deteriorate and one day you'll 'stupid' yourselves right out of a job! That's it. I'm done!

Well said!

This started as a proposial from the IFCA not as a answer to recruting but more do to with a the same schools winning state year after year, It also includes spliting 5A into two classes in football. The commisioner took the IFCA proposial tweaked it and came up with this. The original proposial also included seeding the top 2 teams in football sectionals.

This made more sense in football but the IHSAA likes to treat all sports the same so added the tradition factor to all sports insted of just football.

thank you mister obvious! da! but it makes no sense for sports other than football.

#44 Lagote74

Lagote74

Head Coach

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Loogootee
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Fan

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:53 AM

Why? so we can be subject to tradition factor in another sport? Football isn't popular around here, little support, acctually I don't even care for the sport.
So your saying only "real men", play football???

#45 meme

meme

Head Coach

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Barr-Reeve
  • North Daviess
  • Fan

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:29 PM

The thought of that makes me want to throw up. I know of another plan that puts center township to Loogootee, Lost River, Halbert to Springs Valley and Mitchelltree to Mitchell. I hope thats the way it should be done, considering the long bus ride to Loogootee from the far areas that are closer to the two previously mentioned schools. Yes let them go east and north, they are lawless no man lands anyway, probably mate with wolves and mountain lions! ;)

Lions and Jugrox merging....now I would PAY to see that in light of the fact that Loogootee has never wanted to acknowledge Shoals as even being in Martin County. In years past that they refused to schedule each other because of a knock-down-drag-out fight between the two schools. But then...LHS also couldn't schedule ND a few years back for similar reasons. Can anyone say...'common denominator' in both situations? I actually think it would be a merger worth watching and laughing.....har har har especially since LHS feels they are sooooooooooooo far above people who live in and around Shoals. Evidence? Look above for verification....plus years worth of comments like it coming out of Loogootee. Personally, I have never seen Shoals fans do anything remotely close to what LHS fans do @ basketball games to degrade and humiliate anyone who is unfortunate enough to have to play them. I have met very few people from Shoals who aren't just good decent down to earth folks so maybe a better option for consolidation is to send Loogootee to SHOALS. After all, SHOALS is the COUNTY SEAT!!!

Edited by meme, 10 July 2012 - 11:23 AM.

#46 meme

meme

Head Coach

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Barr-Reeve
  • North Daviess
  • Fan

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:43 PM

Why? so we can be subject to tradition factor in another sport? Football isn't popular around here, little support, acctually I don't even care for the sport.
So your saying only "real men", play football???

Not so sure I would go as far as to say football isn't popular in your area. Not long ago a group of LHS patrons fought like the dickens to get football. Jack Butcher was the coach then and strongly opposed its inception so it didn't happen. Football is popular in most any area but that at the same time doesn't mean a school is obligated to participate. Each to their own is my philosophy no right or wrong.

#47 Lagote74

Lagote74

Head Coach

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Loogootee
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Fan

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:46 PM

Lions and Jugrox merging....now I would PAY to see that in light of the fact that Loogootee has never wanted to acknowledge Shoals as even being in Martin County. In years past that they refused to schedule each other because of a knock-down-drag-out fight between the two schools. But then...LHS also couldn't schedule ND a few years back for similar reasons. Can anyone say...'common denominator' in both situations? I actually think it would be a merger worth watching and laughing.....har har har especially since LHS feels they are sooooooooooooo far above people who live in and around Shoals. Evidence? Look above for verification....plus years worth of comments like it coming out of Loogootee. Personally, I have never seen Shoals fans do anything remotely close to what LHS fans do @ basketball games to degrade and humiliate anyone who is unfortunate enough to have to play them. I have met very few people from Shoals who aren't just good decent down to earth folks so maybe a better option for consolidation is to send Loogootee to SHOALS. After all, SHOALS is the COUNTY SEAT!!!

Your doing your damdest to stir the shit, but i'm not taking the bait, acctually the bait would be best used by River rats at Shoals to reel in the Bush Hogs at Barr-Reeve and North Daviess haha!!
Look at it this way, when did you ever see Shoals have a signifcant win outside of last years upset of North Daviess...maybe 1987 when they upset Loogootee at Shoals, but besides that pretty much nothing. When did you ever see a Shoals fan on sites like this? Never cause the disability and welfare checks can't afford a personal PC! Send them to Springs Valley or Mitchell! We'll just succeed the west Martin county into Daviess county.................!!!!!!!!!B)

#48 meme

meme

Head Coach

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Barr-Reeve
  • North Daviess
  • Fan

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:19 PM

Your doing your damdest to stir the shit, but i'm not taking the bait, acctually the bait would be best used by River rats at Shoals to reel in the Bush Hogs at Barr-Reeve and North Daviess haha!!
Look at it this way, when did you ever see Shoals have a signifcant win outside of last years upset of North Daviess...maybe 1987 when they upset Loogootee at Shoals, but besides that pretty much nothing. When did you ever see a Shoals fan on sites like this? Never cause the disability and welfare checks can't afford a personal PC! Send them to Springs Valley or Mitchell! We'll just succeed the west Martin county into Daviess county.................!!!!!!!!!B)

LMBO...Laughin my butt off (yea...worth spellin it out to respond to the reply I figured I'd get). Just remember who started this. Not me....but you. If you start something and then accuse the person who responds of 'stirin the sh#$, that's a little twisted where I come from. Nuff said

#49 Lagote74

Lagote74

Head Coach

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Loogootee
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Fan

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:56 PM

LMBO...Laughin my butt off (yea...worth spellin it out to respond to the reply I figured I'd get). Just remember who started this. Not me....but you. If you start something and then accuse the person who responds of 'stirin the sh#$, that's a little twisted where I come from. Nuff said

Your too funny haha! Truce its summer it's hot and dry, letting it go for few weeks. BTW we do agree on main thing, sucess factor or as I call it jealousy factor must be repealed!!

Edited by Lagote74, 11 July 2012 - 02:58 PM.

#50 meme

meme

Head Coach

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Barr-Reeve
  • North Daviess
  • Fan

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:02 PM

Your too funny haha! Truce its summer it's hot and dry, letting it go for few weeks. BTW we do agree on main thing, sucess factor or as I call it jealousy factor must be repealed!!

No clue as to what we agree on but..............Truce for two weeks only! Too much fun to raz u . Enjoy your 'letting it go' vacation....:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users