Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
boomx2sjk

Terre Haute

12 posts in this topic

For people who were there (and maybe ppl that attended state finals in FW as well), how was the presentation and atmosphere at Terre Haute?

Just watching on TV, what bothered me was the court, it looked like a middle school court. To make the court dimensions HS regulation, tape and markers were all over the floor denoting the HS baseline, FT line and 3-point arc. The baseline looked the worst, it looked half -arsed.

Any other impressions from state in Terre Haute?

I was there. Had not been to Hulman center in a long time. What a dissapointment to say the least. No body should of had to play on that floor. Looked more like an etch-a-a-sketch than a basketball court. Three 3-point lines,two free-throw lines and two baselines on each end.What a joke! Not to mention the $3.50 for a bottle of water. Oh yeah and the bald guy taking tickets at the door had waaaayyy to much authorty. How ever I saw some very good basketball. Congratulations to all teams that made it there.

Glad I was not the only one who thought the court was a joke! Was it just a 1-yr contract with Terre Haute? Any indications on what IHSAA is thinking for next yr? I know a lot of ppl didn't like the big haul up to Fort Wayne, but all indications were they put on a much better show than Terre Haute.

Why not hold the State Finals in New Castle?

May be a tad too small, especially for the higher classes.

May be a tad too small, especially for the higher classes.

Parking too small, right? I'll find the source, but if memory serves, New Castle is bigger than where New York State holds their state finals games for boys.

Why not hold the State Finals in New Castle?

I like that idea.

Moving state to a site as "low-profile" as New Castle would be basically admitting that Hoosier Hysteria is on the decline (which it is), and there is no way the IHSAA will do that.

Moving state to a site as "low-profile" as New Castle would be basically admitting that Hoosier Hysteria is on the decline (which it is), and there is no way the IHSAA will do that.

But it's practical and economical!

But it's practical and economical!

Why not Hinkle Fieldhouse? Butler spent millions renovating it.

Why not Hinkle Fieldhouse? Butler spent millions renovating it.

indeed, why not Hinkle? although, I believe the NCAA put in a rule preventing collegiate gyms for being used for high school events.

indeed, why not Hinkle? although, I believe the NCAA put in a rule preventing collegiate gyms for being used for high school events.

Then how can they play at ISU's Hulman Center?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0