Indiana All-Star

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Fan

Posted 13 November 2010 - 01:31 PM

JV is 45-ish

Varsity 55 on the low end, pushing 80 at a few schools. 65-70 seems to be the norm this year.

#12 trctech

trctech

Varsity

• Varsity
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Concord
  • Elk. Memorial
  • Coach

Posted 16 November 2010 - 09:40 AM

Me neither, but people like to use the excuse as a crutch a lot.

I always tell people that for every bad mistake by a referee in a game, team has 5-6 opportunities (before and after the call) to negate it.

#13 semajekart

semajekart

Athletic Director

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts
  • Triton
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Fan

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:37 PM

TTTTHHHHHHAAAAAAAANNNNNKKKKKKKKK YYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUU!!!!
2-1 1-0 4/24 JC-DI4H MO

#14 taps browning

taps browning

Athletic Director

• Indiana All-Star
  • 1,648 posts
  • Barr-Reeve
  • Washington
  • Fan

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:04 AM

I haven't seen too many games decided by bad referee calls that often anymore.

I think there are more bad people officiating than I have ever seen. There have always been bad officials, just like there are bad teachers, bad doctors, bad engineers. I had a license for a couple of years and did mostly JR High games and I was a bad official. A good friend of mine was a varsity official for years. He was the nicest guy you could ever meet, he was smart, had been an athlete himself and despite this he was an absolutely terrible official. But what I am talking about now is I see more people that aren't just technically bad, but they have the wrong sort of attitude. I see too many that are in in for the perceived power they feel. I personally know some officials that I wouldn't trust to take a dollar and deposit it for me, if you know what I mean.

#15 Howe

Howe

Athletic Director

• Indiana All-Star
  • 1,752 posts
  • T.C Howe Academy
  • Union County
  • Fan

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:18 AM

I think there are more bad people officiating than I have ever seen. There have always been bad officials, just like there are bad teachers, bad doctors, bad engineers. But what I am talking about now is I see more people that aren't just technically bad, but they have the wrong sort of attitude. I see too many that are in in for the perceived power they feel.

Precisely

#16 Dave Mosbey

Dave Mosbey

Athletic Director

• Admins
  • 2,435 posts
  • Interests:Playing Disc Golf and Watching sports.
  • Heritage Hills
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Fan

Posted 28 November 2010 - 02:39 AM

I think there are more bad people officiating than I have ever seen. There have always been bad officials, just like there are bad teachers, bad doctors, bad engineers. I had a license for a couple of years and did mostly JR High games and I was a bad official. A good friend of mine was a varsity official for years. He was the nicest guy you could ever meet, he was smart, had been an athlete himself and despite this he was an absolutely terrible official. But what I am talking about now is I see more people that aren't just technically bad, but they have the wrong sort of attitude. I see too many that are in in for the perceived power they feel. I personally know some officials that I wouldn't trust to take a dollar and deposit it for me, if you know what I mean.

With most games having 3 man crews now you would expect the quality to drop to a degree because you have officials working Varsity games that might be working lower level if we still had 2 man crews.Just like the quality of players drop in pro sports when the leage expands.

Heritage Hills Basketball
@davidm1983
All-time record 532-414
PAC titles 14
Sectional titles 9
Heritage Hills Girls Sectional titles 4

#17 godogs97

godogs97

Athletic Director

• Indiana All-Star
  • 1,265 posts
  • Orleans
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Fan

Posted 28 November 2010 - 09:17 AM

I would gladly pay 10 bucks a game if that money could make its way to improving our pitaful situation of absolutely horrible officiating that I swear couldnt get worse, but every year seems to...

I have seen several games decided by officiating...All the way through the game and then even last calls of the game.....Maybe those who havent, are watching 3A or 4A...Im telling you 1A is awful!

I will continue to heckle!

#18 Jimmie98

Jimmie98

Indiana All-Star

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Jimtown
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Official

Posted 28 November 2010 - 11:06 AM

Heckle away. A good official doesn't hear or of they do hear doesn't care. We understand different angles make plays look different as well as loyalty to the team the call went against. What are your teams for posters in this topic?
An official does their job correctly if no one remembers who they are after the game is over.
-Unknown

#19 jhswildcat79

jhswildcat79

Head Coach

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Interests:sports
  • Jasper
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Alumni

Posted 28 November 2010 - 11:57 AM

coach howard (jasper's baseball coach when i played) said........if you let the official beat you......you let the official beat you. good teams take care of bizness...bad teams blame it on the official. when you look at a game and "notice" the bad calls.........notice too the missed free throws.........the bad passes ......the useless fouls......lackadaisical defense.. bad calls are a part of the game.......as bad things are a part of life. how a team deals with them is what decides the outcome.take responsibilty for what you did........that is how you improve.

#20 Jimmie98

Jimmie98

Indiana All-Star

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Jimtown
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Official

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:00 PM

coach howard (jasper's baseball coach when i played) said........if you let the official beat you......you let the official beat you. good teams take care of bizness...bad teams blame it on the official. when you look at a game and "notice" the bad calls.........notice too the missed free throws.........the bad passes ......the useless fouls......lackadaisical defense.. bad calls are a part of the game.......as bad things are a part of life. how a team deals with them is what decides the outcome.take responsibilty for what you did........that is how you improve.

Well said! Not that I am not saying there are horrible officials out there, I know there are, I have worked with some in my years as an official!Posted Image
An official does their job correctly if no one remembers who they are after the game is over.
-Unknown

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users