• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Rochester
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Ex-player

Posted 17 November 2009 - 07:15 PM

It seems as though the TRC has some question marks entering this season:

1. Can Rochester have another successful year? RHS has plenty of young talent waiting to see some time, the question is whether they will be ready to go for varsity action.

2. Will Southwood break through and rise to the top?

3. Can Greg Miller carry N. Miami to a TRC title?

4. How will Valley respond after a disappointing year last year? Is this Patrick's final year?

5. Will Whitko build from the success of last season?

6. What does Manchester have?

7. What about Northfield?

8. ...and scrappy Wabash?

Any thoughts/info would be appreciated. I really don't know what everyone has coming back, so I'm interested in your comments.

#2 StephanT

StephanT

Frosh Coach

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Southwood
  • FW Dwenger
  • Player

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:07 AM

Hello sir i havent talked to you in awhile:)

ill answer your questions as i see fit.

Wabash is pretty young and small. theyre biggest guy i think is 6'2'' maybe 6'1'' they play hard and battle every second but lack of size and talent will make it hard.

Northfield is really young and talented. They have a pretty good all around team Givens is a 6'5'' sophomore whos still getting better. Also Dustin Echard is a good physical guard learning the ropes of varsity as well. Led by a senior Micheal Coburn whos played since his freshman year and is a good outside shooter. Hes looking to come back off an injury plagued season last year.

Manchester is a taller version of Wabash in my opinion. Scott Baker is a good big guy in the middle and hes just a junior. I think he will have a good breakout season this year.

Valley has Zach Owens and good coach. They have some other good kids around owens but im not sure of there names. We saw valley a lot this summer and they have definately gotten better.

Whitko is going to be tough returning Irwin but losing Kaden krull and Cory Metzger who were big parts of there team (i know metzger quit late season last year).

I dont think i need to tell you about Rochester :huh: and I wont speak about my own team.

I think it will come down to Whitko, Southwood, and maybe Rochester (Who will be Rochesters Bruce this year?)
Posted Image

#3 MacAttack75

MacAttack75

Frosh Coach

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Maconaquah
  • Columbia City
  • Alumni

Posted 18 November 2009 - 04:54 PM

I believe this is the year that Greg Miller and the North Miami Warriors will take the TRC crown. Miller is uber-talented and his supporting cast is good enough that even if a team focuses on stopping Miller, they can be good enough to win the game for NM.

1) NM
2) Southwood
3) Rochester
4) Whitko
5) Northfield
6) Valley
7) Manchester
8) Wabash

#4 zebraboiler24

zebraboiler24

Frosh Coach

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Rochester
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Ex-player

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:38 PM

Hello sir i havent talked to you in awhile:)

ill answer your questions as i see fit.

Wabash is pretty young and small. theyre biggest guy i think is 6'2'' maybe 6'1'' they play hard and battle every second but lack of size and talent will make it hard.

Northfield is really young and talented. They have a pretty good all around team Givens is a 6'5'' sophomore whos still getting better. Also Dustin Echard is a good physical guard learning the ropes of varsity as well. Led by a senior Micheal Coburn whos played since his freshman year and is a good outside shooter. Hes looking to come back off an injury plagued season last year.

Manchester is a taller version of Wabash in my opinion. Scott Baker is a good big guy in the middle and hes just a junior. I think he will have a good breakout season this year.

Valley has Zach Owens and good coach. They have some other good kids around owens but im not sure of there names. We saw valley a lot this summer and they have definately gotten better.

Whitko is going to be tough returning Irwin but losing Kaden krull and Cory Metzger who were big parts of there team (i know metzger quit late season last year).

I dont think i need to tell you about Rochester :huh: and I wont speak about my own team.

I think it will come down to Whitko, Southwood, and maybe Rochester (Who will be Rochesters Bruce this year?)

TV has Owen, with a supporting cast of Kitch and Burkhart (I believe). Kitch is a tall, athletic wing player while Burkhart has seen quality varsity time as a guard over the past couple of seasons and is a pretty good outside shooter.

I don't think Rochester has a Bruce Grimm this year. The closest we have is probably Colt Meadows. He is a quick, fast guard with good range and is not afraid to be physical and pull down rebounds. We have Bowers and Basham coming back as well. It will interesting to see how we respond to having the target on our backs for a change.

Mac-- I'd agree with your list, at least this early in the season.

#5 Sportsguy

Sportsguy

Head Coach

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Southwood
  • Northwestern
  • Media

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:43 PM

I believe this is the year that Greg Miller and the North Miami Warriors will take the TRC crown. Miller is uber-talented and his supporting cast is good enough that even if a team focuses on stopping Miller, they can be good enough to win the game for NM.

1) NM
2) Southwood
3) Rochester
4) Whitko
5) Northfield
6) Valley
7) Manchester
8) Wabash

Believe you me, I'd be the last person to ever predict Southwood to win its FIRST EVER basketball conference championship, but North Miami just won't have enough to go with Miller to get the job done.

#6 StephanT

StephanT

Frosh Coach

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Southwood
  • FW Dwenger
  • Player

Posted 19 November 2009 - 09:40 AM

Believe you me, I'd be the last person to ever predict Southwood to win its FIRST EVER basketball conference championship, but North Miami just won't have enough to go with Miller to get the job done.

First ever trc and hopefully second sectional :)

I agree though...i dont know who he was talkin about surrounding greg...duncans a good shooter but theyre not quite as good as last year.
Posted Image

#7 Sportsguy

Sportsguy

Head Coach

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Southwood
  • Northwestern
  • Media

Posted 20 November 2009 - 03:56 PM

First ever trc

We've been close before (an inbounds pass away in 1983) but no cigar. Take no one lightly and take no prisoners!

#8 StephanT

StephanT

Frosh Coach

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Southwood
  • FW Dwenger
  • Player

Posted 21 November 2009 - 03:43 PM

We've been close before (an inbounds pass away in 1983) but no cigar. Take no one lightly and take no prisoners!

Thanks for the advice but nooooo we wont were lookin to win as big as we can every game

we scrimmaged broad ripple today score cleared after each quarter but we won 55-54

no free throws...jv came in at the end and gave up a few threes rob patteron...very athletic very good
Posted Image

#9 shock3

shock3

Junior Varsity

• Junior Varsity
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Chesterton
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Coach

Posted 22 November 2009 - 01:19 PM

A healthy Zac VanDeWater will make a big difference for Whitko. He should have a huge year for them.

#10 MacAttack75

MacAttack75

Frosh Coach

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Maconaquah
  • Columbia City
  • Alumni

Posted 22 November 2009 - 07:58 PM

Every time I hear that stat about the Knights never having won a TRC crown, it shocks me. The Knights were nails in our side (Maconaquah) in the late 1990s. Paul Wright was a baller, and twin brother Tom was no slouch, either. Recently they've been pretty good too (and are now). I played in summer leagues with that giant Russian kid (Sergey Struck?). He had potential all over him, but I always thought he failed to live up to his potential.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)