Varsity

• Varsity
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Forest Park
  • New Albany
  • Fan

Posted 16 March 2011 - 06:55 PM

We're down to the Final Four and many believe Park Tudor (24-2) is the 2A favorite to win the state title. Of the four remaining teams left, Park Tudor is ranked fourth in the AP but No. 1 in the Sagarin ratings. Other contenders are No. 1 ranked Forest Park (25-0), No. 2 Hammond Noll (25-0) and No. 3 Tipton (24-2). Of the four, I've only seen Forest Park play this season. They are a gritty team with a lot of experience, good perimeter size (all five starters are 6'4"), balanced scoring and they play very good defense. I did see the Forest Park/Park Tudor semi-state game last year (PT won 47-45 in 4 OTs) and it was a heck of a battle as the score indicates. Yogi Ferrell was outstanding, while their two big guys (who graduated) protected the paint really well on defense. Their other kids didn't look to shoot much. I heard they have more balance this year but Yogi can, and will, still take over a game. Has anyone seen Park Tudor play this year? If so, I would love your input. How much better is Park Tudor this year compared to last year? And, do you think anyone can beat them?

#2 semajekart

semajekart

Athletic Director

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts
  • Triton
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Fan

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:15 PM

I didn't see PT last year. I saw PT vs. Cathedral this year and Noll vs. Bowman this year. I'd take PT by 10 no problem. Defensively they are sound. They are super physical for 2A despite not a lot of size. Yogi can create and they are bound to nail a few threes in 32 minutes. Comparing them to Noll, I just can't see Noll's sloppy play competing with PT. Yogi would have a field day. PT knows how to play. They'd compete in any class IMO. That Blueitt kid is a stud. He played like a senior. They will be scary next year.
2-1 1-0 4/24 JC-DI4H MO

#3 bballfan15

bballfan15

Head Coach

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Tipton
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Fan

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:06 PM

All 4 teams are capable of winning it all IMO. Park Tudor is probably the favorite but they lost pretty easily to Guerin so Forest Park who beat Washington is very capable of knocking them off. I would say Tipton would definitely be in State but with Dickey out, I would say Noll is the favorite in the North. Should be a good game though and hopefully the Blue Devils pull it out.
Blue Devil Basketball:
87-13 past 4 years
24 straight conference wins and counting
3 Sectional Championships
1 Regional Championship
2011 2A Final 4
6 College players

#4 Sportsguy

Sportsguy

Head Coach

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Southwood
  • Northwestern
  • Media

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:07 PM

All 4 teams are capable of winning it all IMO. Park Tudor is probably the favorite but they lost pretty easily to Guerin so Forest Park who beat Washington is very capable of knocking them off. I would say Tipton would definitely be in State but with Dickey out, I would say Noll is the favorite in the North. Should be a good game though and hopefully the Blue Devils pull it out.

It's going to be Conner Rich's time to really step up on Saturday. And Crawford will need to have the game of his life!

#5 taps browning

taps browning

Athletic Director

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,666 posts
  • Barr-Reeve
  • Washington
  • Fan

Posted 17 March 2011 - 07:07 AM

We're down to the Final Four and many believe Park Tudor (24-2) is the 2A favorite to win the state title. Of the four remaining teams left, Park Tudor is ranked fourth in the AP but No. 1 in the Sagarin ratings. Other contenders are No. 1 ranked Forest Park (25-0), No. 2 Hammond Noll (25-0) and No. 3 Tipton (24-2). Of the four, I've only seen Forest Park play this season. They are a gritty team with a lot of experience, good perimeter size (all five starters are 6'4"), balanced scoring and they play very good defense. I did see the Forest Park/Park Tudor semi-state game last year (PT won 47-45 in 4 OTs) and it was a heck of a battle as the score indicates. Yogi Ferrell was outstanding, while their two big guys (who graduated) protected the paint really well on defense. Their other kids didn't look to shoot much. I heard they have more balance this year but Yogi can, and will, still take over a game. Has anyone seen Park Tudor play this year? If so, I would love your input. How much better is Park Tudor this year compared to last year? And, do you think anyone can beat them?

My concern for Forest Park is them being able to play their standard defense. At times they have seemed vulnerable to dribble penetration. Still, the Rangers are undefeated for a reason - they are good and they are deep. One of the most knowledgeable people in the state concerning high school hoops is the person who posts on here (rarely) as JimR and on Peegs as Bloom. He thinks Forest Park will win this game.

#6 bballfan15

bballfan15

Head Coach

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Tipton
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Fan

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:53 AM

It's going to be Conner Rich's time to really step up on Saturday. And Crawford will need to have the game of his life!

Since Dickey went out Rich and Crawford have been there usual steady self. The other guys have really stepped up though. Dolezal, Dye, and Voorhis have been great!
Blue Devil Basketball:
87-13 past 4 years
24 straight conference wins and counting
3 Sectional Championships
1 Regional Championship
2011 2A Final 4
6 College players

#7 NCRANGER

NCRANGER

Assistant Coach

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Forest Park
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Fan

Posted 18 March 2011 - 05:04 PM

Considering what's on the line and who they are playing, this will be in IMO , Forest Park's stiffest challenge of the season ! Forest Park wanted to get another shot at Park Tudor and now they get their opportunity on Saturday at Seymour ! The "Seniors" know this is their last chance to achieve their goal , which is to play at Conseco Fieldhouse for a state championship ! A VERY GOOD Park Tudor team is standing in their way . This is a very determined Forest Park group and they don't want their "SPECIAL SEASON" to end just yet ! The Forest Park coaching staff will have the kids prepared and the kids still believe they have something to prove . After reading several game stories on Park Tudor and seeing box scores throughout the season, it seems that " The Quality " teams have been able to hang with Park Tudor for 3 of the 4 quarters but one quarter ,Park Tudor would go on a big run and that was the difference in the game ! Forest Park must do 4 things IMO to have a legit shot to win this game: 1). must avoid foul trouble 2). not give Park Tudor 2nd chance opportunities 3). take care of the basketball 4). not let PT go on the big run that they have many times this year
Forest Park ,like all teams do, will have problems stopping the "Superquick" Yogi Ferrell but if they can contain him a little bit and not let him get inside the paint with his dribble penetration everytime and they can get out on their shooters and contest their jump shots , I think they will have an opportunity at the end to win this game. Forest Park has had several close games this year at the end and I think that may help them if that is the situation on Saturday . Forest Park has found a way to get it done all year long , and I know it will be no easy task on saturday , but I think some how and some way the Rangers will find a way to get it done one more time at Seymour on Saturday ! GOOD LUCK RANGERS !

#8 VikingSuccess

VikingSuccess

Junior Varsity

• Junior Varsity
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Watching the ViKings prepare for titles.
  • North Posey
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Coach

Posted 19 March 2011 - 04:17 PM

It was a good run!

Be prepared to be honest
The will to win is not as important as the will to prepare to win.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users