Varsity

• Varsity
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Southridge
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Ex-player

Posted 03 January 2010 - 09:12 PM

What are some thoughts on this game? SR played at Memorial last year and lost. Will things be different this year?

#2 OldHatchet

OldHatchet

Athletic Director

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts
  • Washington
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Alumni

Posted 04 January 2010 - 05:56 AM

What are some thoughts on this game? SR played at Memorial last year and lost. Will things be different this year?

If Southridge can control the tempo and makes it a half-court game, the Raiders win. If Memorial make it an up-tempo game then the Tigers win. Also, I think having Gary Duncan sitting onthe end of the bench for the Raiders gives Southridge an advantage. I think the difference will be under 10 with Southridge winning.

#3 bullitt

bullitt

Junior Varsity

• Junior Varsity
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Ev. Memorial
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Fan

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:03 AM

I would normally say Memorial would win this game by 10pts+. Southridge has played a much weaker schedule. It is still too early to put too much credence in Sagarin ratings, Memorial is rated significantly higher.

Memorial has been led by Michael Nesbitt (24ppg) and Darius Meriweather (10ppg) . However during the first four games, three seniors had to sit out. While their absence created a lack of depth, the players who had been playing developed a good chemistry. When the seniors returned against Mt. Vernon, it was the worst outing of the year for Memorial.

In my opinion, Memorial's success depends on whether the team can regain the chemistry that was missing in their last game.

#4 jhswildcat79

jhswildcat79

Head Coach

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Interests:sports
  • Jasper
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Alumni

Posted 04 January 2010 - 04:11 PM

should be a hell of a game. and duncan is definately one of the better coaches around. i was glad to see him get back into coaching. mom has always said "that guy could get those kids to run through a brick wall." he id definately one of the better motivators southern indiana has had.

#5 SR04

SR04

Varsity

• Varsity
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Southridge
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Ex-player

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:59 PM

Good win for the Raiders tonight. Great play from the two big men inside for the raiders tonight. Two road games for Southridge this weekend. Should be 2 games which SR wins.

#6 jhswildcat79

jhswildcat79

Head Coach

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Interests:sports
  • Jasper
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Alumni

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:10 PM

southridge looked very good on defense. memorial looked like the quicker team but they lollygagged some. come tourney time southridge is gonna be a hard team to put out. i look for jasper to improve. the washington sectional is gonna be a very tough sectional. has to be one of the toughest in the state this year. (i am not sure washington is gonna be the slam dunk winner alot of people think they are gonna be)

#7 OldHatchet

OldHatchet

Athletic Director

• Indiana All-Star
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts
  • Washington
  • --HIGH SCHOOLS--
  • Alumni

Posted 06 January 2010 - 06:54 PM

southridge looked very good on defense. memorial looked like the quicker team but they lollygagged some. come tourney time southridge is gonna be a hard team to put out. i look for jasper to improve. the washington sectional is gonna be a very tough sectional. has to be one of the toughest in the state this year. (i am not sure washington is gonna be the slam dunk winner alot of people think they are gonna be)

With Vincennes, Southridge, and Washington all ranked...I don't know of anyone who thought this year's secitonal would be a "slam-dunk". It will take three good games to win the sectional. Jasper is always competitive and Pike Central has shown it can beat the big dogs with their upset of Southridge. Should be a really tough tourney.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users